FORUMS: list search recent posts

BM Drivers are drivin' me nuts!!

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Pleasant
BM Drivers are drivin' me nuts!!
on Apr 11, 2012 at 9:32:29 pm

OK, I'm an idiot!.. let's get that out of the way first. But I can't figure out BM's drivers for the Intensity Pro.

On my old Mac Pro running W7 under Bootcamp I have an Intensity Pro running fine with Vegas as my NLE. My new BOXX (W7 i7) computer came and I got another BM Intensity Pro and installed it. Looked for drivers at BM and found BM DesktopVideo 9.2 msi (is that a driver?) Installed it and it seemed to work, at least it displayed video to my LG HD monitor, from Vegas, fine but... it didn't show up in Windows as an "audio" device which I could choose. I looked in the Device Manager and low and behold no drivers where installed for the BM "Audio or Sound" device.

On my old Mac Pro (W7) I found a older downloaded driver "Intensity 3.9.4 msi" I copied it to the BOXX, installed it and the drivers showed up as version 7.9.4.0. Now on the MacPro (w7) it shows a BM driver version of 9.0.0.0. I don't know where that .msi file is I'm afraid I couldn't find it among the other BM drivers I have downloaded in the past.

So after all this....What is the "DesktopVideo 9.2 .msi"? Should that be the drivers? And where the heck do I find the newer "Intensity 3.9.4 msi" type files. Are those files at the BlackMagic web site? And are they drivers? I've tried to seach the BM web site but can't seem to find anything that I would call a driver..I'm sure I'm missing something simple.

Thanks for any kindness to a fool!
mp

SmallWonderStudio.com Still goin' since 1973
BOXX AMD, MacPro, Vegas Pro,FC2,CS4, LW 3D 9.x,
VUE xStream, Arriflex 16mm, SONY Z7 HDV, Panasonic DVX 100
God Bless the Amiga!

Return to posts index

Chris Pearse
Re: BM Drivers are drivin' me nuts!!
on Apr 12, 2012 at 12:25:40 am

Hi Mark,

I'm sorry for the confusion. Desktop Video 9.2 is indeed the current driver for the Intensity Pro. This is the correct and only driver you need to install.

A while ago our capture card drivers were combined into a single package called Desktop Video. v8 was the first to be called this. Before this the Intensity drivers were on version 3.9.X, but these drivers were based on the 7.9.X DeckLink drivers, which is why they appear as 7.9.X.X in certain places.

You should have two Blackmagic entries in the 'Sound, Video and Game Controllers' section of Device Manager, one general driver and one for audio. It would however be strange if the card was working but didn't have both of these. If you are still having problems I would suggest contacting your regional support team. You can use the support numbers on the following page

http://www.blackmagic-design.com/company/

or using the support request form in the Intensity Pro section of the support pages

http://www.blackmagic-design.com/support/

Chris Pearse
Technical Support Consultant
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Mark Pleasant
Re: BM Drivers are drivin' me nuts!!
on Apr 12, 2012 at 12:57:38 am

Thanks for the reply. Yes it's very strange that the drivers didn't show up in the device manager when I installed DesktopVideo. I may give it another go just to check and make sure it wasn't something I did during the install.

SmallWonderStudio.com Still goin' since 1973
BOXX AMD, MacPro, Vegas Pro,FC2,CS4, LW 3D 9.x,
VUE xStream, Arriflex 16mm, SONY Z7 HDV, Panasonic DVX 100
God Bless the Amiga!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]