FORUMS: list search recent posts

Desktop Video 9.2.1--any love for Avid?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Pale
Desktop Video 9.2.1--any love for Avid?
on Apr 11, 2012 at 7:38:15 pm

I see 9.2.1 is out. Is this just more to get FCPX up and running for the thousands of post houses that have been tripping over themselves to adopt it, or did BMD sneak in some Avid fixes?

Maybe scrubbing and trimming isn't that important in a professional editing app.

Okay...snarky rant over.

Return to posts index

Juan Salvo
Re: Desktop Video 9.2.1--any love for Avid?
on Apr 11, 2012 at 8:18:41 pm

I suspect a lot of the Avid fixes will have to come from Avid. The way Avid set it up, they created the SDK the decklink hooks into... not avid hooking into BMDs SDK as is the case in other apps.

Just as FCPX had an update to 10.0.4 with monitoring fixes... so will in all likelihood Avid.

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Apr 11, 2012 at 9:08:01 pm

[Juan Salvo] "I suspect a lot of the Avid fixes will have to come from Avid. The way Avid set it up, they created the SDK the decklink hooks into... not avid hooking into BMDs SDK as is the case in other apps.
"

Fair enough....trying to be patient, but AJA seems to have fewer problems with this. I want Decklink to work because I want to use DaVinci.

Return to posts index

Neil Goodman
on Apr 11, 2012 at 10:17:57 pm

Was wondering the same thing.. and I think its a combo of avid and bm that need to work on the fix..in fact Marrianna on acids site said its more on the 3rd party to resolve it. Might have been a cop out but couldb be truth. I've asked recently on acids site with no response from either. I'd really like my decklink extreme 2 AND my intensity extreme to work in caps lock mode.. everything else works good.

Neil Goodman: Editor of New Media Production - NBC/Universal

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]