FORUMS: list search recent posts

Inconsistent Field dominance errors

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
peter pop
Inconsistent Field dominance errors
on Apr 11, 2012 at 4:14:45 pm

Hi,

Just took delivery of the Intensity Extreme. Using 9.2.1 drivers. Capturing PAL component from SONY DSR-45p DVCAM into Media express settings @ PAL QT ProRes422. Use Anamorphic SD 16:9 checked. Viewing via component on a Sony Grade 1 crt.

Captures appear to be fine... However... Playing back via either Media Express, FCP7 or FCPX(trial) gives me inconsistent field dominance issues.

Pressing 'play' once is fine... stopping and pressing 'play' again invariably inverts the field dominance.. stop and play and it's fine again... stop and play and again its back... it toggles fine to bad everytime.

Am at a loss.

Anyone have any ideas?

Return to posts index

Juan Salvo
Re: Inconsistent Field dominance errors
on Apr 11, 2012 at 10:25:22 pm

I had this once when it turned out i was monitoring at 1080p60.

Return to posts index

peter pop
on Apr 12, 2012 at 9:41:38 am

Thanks for the idea, but I've double and treble checked and i'm pretty sure i'm feeding a normal PAL signal to the monitor.

I'm beginning to think it might be the monitor at issue.

Return to posts index

peter pop
on Apr 12, 2012 at 11:08:20 am

Just to add some info.

This morning I've played the same ProRes files captured by the BM Intensity Extreme out to the same monitor only this time via an mxo2-mini that I have borrowed.

The files played back as expected without any of the filed issues. I am therefor left to assume that there is an issue with BM i/o.

As before.. any help would be appreciated.. but i'll keep digging

Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]