FORUMS: list search recent posts

Intensity Shuttle -- HP dv7 - works, kind of

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jerel Peterson
Intensity Shuttle -- HP dv7 - works, kind of
on Apr 7, 2012 at 5:54:38 pm

I've posted several times over the last few months about trying to get the Shuttle to work on various laptops.

Yesterday I got an HP dv7-6c47cl. I updated the driver to 2.1.28.1, but didn't update the firmware yet.

But in Media Express I have the same problem as I did before. Using HDMI, I get nothing--only an error message right away saying that frames were dropped. When I use Component, I don't see video when I capture, but it least it seems to be capturing something , and the audio meters are active.

However, when I use Ustream Producer Studio to capture from the Shuttle, Component works fine--I get video and audio. But HDMI still gives me a black screen (and I've tried more than one HDMI cable).

I have the camera set for 60i, and settings match in Media Express. I really don't need Media Express for my work, I'll only be using the Shuttle with the Ustream webcasting program, but I would still like it to work with HDMI if possible.

I'd prefer to not update the firmware unless I know that it will make a difference, but I don't know where to find the firmware information now that the Controller Utility program is no longer included on the computer. I found the driver information in Device Manager, where do I find my firmware version?

Return to posts index

Mike Squires
Re: Intensity Shuttle -- HP dv7 - works, kind of
on Apr 9, 2012 at 2:40:04 pm

Jerel, I had the same problem at first. Go into the Black Magic Control Panel and select Component as the input, then go back and select HDMI as the input.

When I first went in to the Black Magic Control Panel, it listed HDMI as the input, so I had to switch it to component and then back to HDMI. Since then, I have had any problems.

Return to posts index

Jerel Peterson
on Apr 11, 2012 at 2:50:28 am

that got the audio working, but still no HDMI video in the BM software, (none using Component, either). Talked on the phone with tech support today and made no progress.

Return to posts index

Mike Squires
on Apr 11, 2012 at 3:07:27 am

Does your laptop use Reneas or NEC USB3?

If so, use these drivers and firmware:

http://www.station-drivers.com/page/renesas.htm

Download firmware 4.0.1.5.0.2 and driver Version 2.1.28.1 Pour Windows Xp/Vista/7 32/64bits.

Return to posts index

Jerel Peterson
on Apr 11, 2012 at 7:37:34 pm

I had already updated the driver, not the firmware. Tech support told me yesterday that I probably didn't need a firmware update.

But, I decided to try it anyway. Now, the firmware installation bar has been stuck at about the 50% mark for almost half an hour. Is this normal? (I doubt it--but I'm hoping it is).

Return to posts index

Mike Squires
on Apr 11, 2012 at 8:01:14 pm

Normally, firmware updates take a few minutes. I'd let it sit a while longer though.

Return to posts index

Jerel Peterson
on Apr 11, 2012 at 8:08:11 pm

and if it doesn't ever finish? Am I going to have a totally non-working USB 3 port?

Return to posts index

Mike Squires
on Apr 11, 2012 at 8:13:03 pm

You should be able to re-flash it if it doesn't work the first time. Don't get me wrong, there have been instances where a bad flash caused major problems (like motherboard BIOS), but you should be ok.

With that said, if it won't take the flash, that might indicate a hardware problem with the USB 3.0 controller, which obviously HP would have to fix. There is a chance that this is the problem the entire time, you possibly just got a bad one.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]