FORUMS: list search recent posts

Resolve lite how do you start it?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
david fukumo
Resolve lite how do you start it?
on Apr 6, 2012 at 7:41:55 pm

Hi trying to get ready to use Resolve lite but not understanding the first window "Create a new database".

Host 127.0.0.1 is not adjustable and it won't accept.

Next, I see a window that says; "Failed to open database connection: could not connect to server: is the server running on host 127.0.0.1
and accepting tcp/ip on port 54327?
QPSQL: Unable to connect

I understand the app wants to be online but where am I able to change the settings and what happens when you're on set and have no internet?

Thanks David

Return to posts index

John Cox
Re: Resolve lite how do you start it?
on Apr 7, 2012 at 2:29:24 am

If you are on a Mac, I assume, the OS is not letting Resolve write to the hard drive to make the database.

Go to finder and on the macintosh HD icon, right click and choose "get info"

Unlock the padlock icon in the lower right hand corner with your user password to make changes

Change the access for "everyone" to read&write and relock the padlock

Run Resolve again and it should allow you to make a database.

Return to posts index

Patrick Maio
on Apr 16, 2012 at 4:50:26 pm

Host 127.0.0.1 is not adjustable and it won't accept.

Next, I see a window that says; "Failed to open database connection: could not connect to server: is the server running on host 127.0.0.1
and accepting tcp/ip on port 54327?
QPSQL: Unable to connect

I have a Windows PC running windows 7 OS and am running into the same problem. I still haven't figured out how to run Resolve lite on my machine.
Has anyone had success starting Resolve lite on their window 7 machine after running into this problem?

Return to posts index

david fukumo
on Apr 16, 2012 at 5:12:04 pm

Hi forgot I posted here, evidently there is a bug in the installer, it was suppose to create a folder in the application folder and calling tech support resulted in a terminal script that fixed the issue.

You'll have to contact them since I'm on Mac.... Sorry...

Return to posts index

Patrick Maio
on Apr 16, 2012 at 5:17:15 pm

I found the solution, I am running Norton 360 and zone alarm on my machine and I put the Norton program in silent mode and shut off zone alarm. Now Resolve lite opens up. I now can run zone alarm and Norton in the background and not have it interfere with Resolve

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]