FORUMS: list search recent posts

H.264 Pro & MX LIght to Youtube

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Patrick Sproule
H.264 Pro & MX LIght to Youtube
on Apr 4, 2012 at 7:42:38 pm

Hi Folks, we have an OB coming up where the client has asked for a live Youtube stream through their channel. I can do this with my BMD Ultrastudio and Adobe Flash Media Encoder on a recent macbook pro, but what I would really like to do is use our H.264 Pro Recorder and MX Light to stream.

I have been experimenting with MX Light and it works extremely well for capturing (BMD - why cant you do this with your own product?). What I cant fathom is the streaming. It uses the VLC command line interface to set it up but even though I used to be a programmer I cant decipher the syntax for this (COBAL isn't particularly relevant today :).

Has anyone had any success for the streaming side of MX Light / VLC and if so could you possibly share your knowledge or an example of your CFG files for MX?

Thanks in advance - Pat Sproule.

Return to posts index

Richard Freemantle
Re: H.264 Pro & MX LIght to Youtube
on Apr 5, 2012 at 3:37:05 pm

Hi Pat,

I'm currently working on MX Light version 1.4, which will focus more on the streaming aspect. One of my aims is to provide additional presets, such as streaming to YouTube (& other services requiring RTMP streaming). If you would be interested in beta testing this latest version, please contact me via the website (http://mxlight.co.uk/contact).

Thanks,
Richard Freemantle

Return to posts index

Patrick Sproule
on Apr 5, 2012 at 7:41:08 pm

Thanks RIchard - sounds great.

Email sent.

Cheers - Pat Sproule

Return to posts index

Mike Squires
on Apr 5, 2012 at 9:00:08 pm

Richard, do you plan on adding a preset for UStream?

Return to posts index

Richard Freemantle
on Apr 6, 2012 at 12:30:49 am

Hi Mike,
Once I have a solid foundation for RTMP streaming, it should be quite easy to create presets for services that use it eg. YouTube & UStream etc... So if Im right (fingers crossed) I will include a preset for UStream.

Return to posts index

Jack Welten
on Apr 6, 2012 at 3:26:05 pm

Hello Richard,

Then also add a preset for livestream :)

great program, have been struggling last months with BMD program, just ordered a copy for recording

keep up the good work,

Jack

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]