FORUMS: list search recent posts

Intensity Pro Card - Can't get a signal off a DSLR using HDMI - Assistance required please

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Darren Kelly
Intensity Pro Card - Can't get a signal off a DSLR using HDMI - Assistance required please
on Apr 4, 2012 at 12:55:21 pm

I am trying to capture the output of a DSLR in live view, or memory mode to my PC using the Intensity Pro and a Mini to regular HDMI cable.

I've tried 2 different cables. One made by Canon, and one made by another manufacturer.

Going from the camera to the HDMI input on my monitor works, so I know the cables work, but the Decklink card doesn't seem to.

Any suggestions? I'm using the latest drivers, and software.

I could really use your assistance.

Return to posts index

Chris Pearse
Re: Intensity Pro Card - Can't get a signal off a DSLR using HDMI - Assistance required please
on Apr 5, 2012 at 12:20:16 am

Hi Darren,

The most common reason I find that DSLRs will not work is a settings mismatch. Whilst DSLRs often record in 1080p24, the HDMI output is typically not the same format. It is more often than not outputting 1080i59.94. Please make sure that you have set the capture format to match the output of the camera. In Media Express this is under Edit->Preferences->Project Video Format (Windows) or Media Express->Preferences->Project Video Format (Mac).

But if you still have problems I would suggest contacting your regional support office. You can find their numbers on the following page

http://www.blackmagic-design.com/company/

Or you can send a support request from the product's support page

http://www.blackmagic-design.com/support/

Chris Pearse
Technical Support Consultant
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Darren Kelly
Re: Intensity Pro Card - Can't get a signal off a DSLR using HDMI - Assistance required please
on Apr 5, 2012 at 12:25:29 am

I did solve the problem by talking with a very nice woman at BM, who worked me through the various settings for capture. It turns out the DSLR output in both 1080, and 720, depending on the mode I was in.

When I used the card on a Mac, it wasn't as complicated.

I'll have everything figured out at about the time they shovel the dirt on me. I know I will :))

Thanks for your kind response

Darren

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]