FORUMS: list search recent posts

DeckLink Extreme 3d... No Audio Line Out Option in Avid?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonathan Dean
DeckLink Extreme 3d... No Audio Line Out Option in Avid?
on Mar 31, 2012 at 7:13:19 pm

Hi all

I have just installed my DeckLink Hd Extreme and have been testing out past projects on both FCP 7 and Avid (right now only feeding to a plasma via HDMI - I shall be investing in a broadcast monitor soon).

I had a few hiccups that were eventually solved and others that remain, such as the audio delay issue I keep seeing rear it's head; although I am aware this may be as I am listening to the audio from the sequence using a line-out connection and not via the card (in FCP 7).

Regarding the line-out, I currently have some logitech speakers, and now with the DeckLink installed I cannot monitor the audio from the speakers in Avid. Is there not a way to monitor the audio via a lineout with the DeckLink installed?. i cannot seem to find a setting to alter this?

Will I now have to unplug the HDMI cable should I want to monitor audio through the line-out, or am I missing something? Is the only solution to invest in some speakers with DeckLink capable connections?

Many thanks for any info you may have at hand for me.

All the best

Jon

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: DeckLink Extreme 3d... No Audio Line Out Option in Avid?
on Mar 31, 2012 at 9:27:14 pm

The Decklink is your output from the Avid, not the internal computer output. If the computer were outputting the audio, it would be out of sync.

Hook up your Decklink to a mixer, or similar device. Hook your speakers up to the mixer.

Return to posts index

Jonathan Dean
on Mar 31, 2012 at 9:55:39 pm

I thought as much. Thank you very much for your time.

Jon

Return to posts index

Kelsey Scholes
on Jun 28, 2012 at 3:21:26 pm

Will you please explain this further. I am currently having the same problem. Running Avid Media Composer 6 with an Mbox Pro 3. A BlackMagic Smartview HD and a BlackMagic SDI decklink. I can not get any audio out of avid Media Composer - i can however, out of protools. please go in detail how to solve this. Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]