FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blackmagic HDLink Extreme 3D+ losing sync

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Visconti
Blackmagic HDLink Extreme 3D+ losing sync
on Mar 31, 2012 at 3:48:28 am

Just picked up one of these recently to capture 1080p60 over HDMI for a project. I set it up, figured out there was a BMcontrol panel and everything was fine. Grabbed a few seconds of 10bit YUV without issue.

Fast forward to 4 days later. Capture machine has been off since the initial test. The source machine finally has content ready for capture.

I reconnected the hdmi cable, started up media express, and the source is flickering. Tried 59.9, tried 60. Nothing. It looks more "off" than a 59.9/60 issue with the display losing sync black more often than not. Tried another HDMI cable in case I somehow mauled this one. Switched from HDMI to SDI and back. Rebooted a few times...

Any thoughts?

Return to posts index

Mark Visconti
Re: Blackmagic HDLink Extreme 3D+ losing sync
on Mar 31, 2012 at 4:30:27 am

Well, 1080p30 works (but not 50 or 59.94). 720p60 as well. Could be both the cables that I tried or the graphics card, but the worked four days ago thing has me confused.

Return to posts index

Mark Visconti
Re: Blackmagic HDLink Extreme 3D+ losing sync
on Apr 4, 2012 at 5:05:23 pm

Wanted to update this in case someone else runs into it in the future.

If your PCIe falls back to x1 speed, the symptom may be that high bandwidth video will flash in Media Express.

I had done an SBIOS update and it caused my x4 to drop to a x1. Once identified, it was trivial to set back to a x4 and 1080p60 over HDMI works fantastically.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]