FORUMS: list search recent posts

Intensity Extreme - Capturing Game Footage from Windows PC

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Minor
Intensity Extreme - Capturing Game Footage from Windows PC
on Mar 28, 2012 at 10:44:43 pm

Hey there,

I've been using my intensity extreme to capture console footage for weeks now, and it works great. Today I tried to capture footage from a PC (via HDMI out), and had no luck. Windows seems to detect the box as a secondary display, and mirrors to it, but I don't get any video in Media Express or Final Cut Pro.

has anyone had any luck with this? Is there some magic setting I need to toggle?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Chris Pearse
Re: Intensity Extreme - Capturing Game Footage from Windows PC
on Mar 29, 2012 at 12:14:52 am

Hi Mike,

The first thing I would suggest checking is whether the HDMI output of the computer is HDCP protected. If it is, I'm afraid it's likely it would not output to a capture device like the Intensity Extreme. There's generally information about this in the computer or graphics card's specifications, or manual. I believe some graphics adapters will also display the HDCP status in their control panels.

Otherwise, you will want to make sure the computer's output resolution and refresh rate matches exactly the capture format selected in Media Express or FCP. So for 720p50, you will want to set the computer's display resolution to 1280x720 @ 50Hz on the output going to the Intensity Extreme. If you're using a Windows PC, you will probably want to use the Advanced settings from the Display section of Control Panel. Under the 'Adapter' tab you should find a button labeled 'list all modes'. This will help select the right format.

If you're still having trouble I would suggest calling your regional support team using the numbers on the following page

http://www.blackmagic-design.com/company/

Or by sending a support request via the Intensity Extreme's support page on the website

http://www.blackmagic-design.com/support/

Chris Pearse
Technical Support Consultant
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]