FORUMS: list search recent posts

Caps Lock Bug w/ Media Composer 6/6.01

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Neil Goodman
Caps Lock Bug w/ Media Composer 6/6.01
on Mar 27, 2012 at 2:51:11 pm

Any word on a fix for this ?

Seems like myself and lots of others are having problems with the capslock key engaged when scrubbing or trimming on the timeline with numerous different cards. I myself experience it with the Decklink Extrme HD 2, and the Intensity Extreme running MC 6.01 on Lion 10.7.2

Obviously audio editing and dialouge is hard to do when you cant scrub it.

Has this been escalated as a bug? I noticed 9.2 has officially released, did this fix anything in MC or just the FCPX patch ?

Neil Goodman: Editor of New Media Production - NBC/Universal

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: Caps Lock Bug w/ Media Composer 6/6.01
on Mar 27, 2012 at 4:15:44 pm

It's a bug thats been talked about here and on the official avid forums.

Seems to affect Blackmagic and Matrox, but not AJA.

I haven't tried the release of BM Desktop Video 9.2, as the betas had a horrible bug where video would cut out switching from source to record (or the reverse). The release notes make no mention of these issues being corrected. I did write Kristian Lam at BMD about it, so I do believe they are aware of the issues.

I only have the scrubbing issue when there is no associated video...such as an imported music track or bwf file. I can work around it by linking it to some random video in a group clip, but it's damn annoying.

I hope it's been escalated. I don't want to switch to AJA, as I also want to use Davinci Resolve.

Return to posts index

Neil Goodman
on Mar 28, 2012 at 2:54:26 pm

anybody from Blackmagic care to chime in on this? this cant be the first time you heard of it. On the avid forums its a daily discussion.

Return to posts index

Neil Goodman
on Mar 29, 2012 at 3:59:42 pm

someone from BM please respond!

Return to posts index

John Pale
Desktop Video 9.2 release version--fixed...sort of
on Apr 5, 2012 at 3:22:03 am

Neil,

Finished the show I was working on and decided to try the release version of Desktop Video 9.2.

Here is what I am seeing....

The "beachball" lockup when using Caps Lock scrubbing is fixed. I can now frame scrub with the caps lock on with audio clips in the source monitor and timeline without a crash.....BUT

As long as Caps Lock is on, I get intermittent, but frequent, loss of video sync (video signal is lost) when switching from source monitor to record monitor or timeline. The solution is to turn of caps lock except when actually needing to scrub.

Can you confirm this behavior on your machine?

Its an improvement, but still not right.

Return to posts index

Neil Goodman
Re: Desktop Video 9.2 release version--fixed...sort of
on Apr 5, 2012 at 2:55:21 pm

that kind of sounds like how mine was with 9.1 ive never gotten lock ups or beach balls, its just drops in and out, and when trimming, the audio doesnt actually play with cap locks on. Regular audio scrubbing is very slow and un responsive as well.

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: Desktop Video 9.2 release version--fixed...sort of
on Apr 5, 2012 at 6:04:13 pm

Is your system gen-locked?

I'm wondering if I feed the Decklink black burst it might make a difference. For me, it seems to be triggered by audio only clips. If I load an audio-only clip in the source monitor, no video is output at all...not even black...I'm wondering if that causes loss of sync.

Desktop Video 9.0, the video is stable...even on an audio-only clip...I just lock up when I try to scrub with caps lock on.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]