FORUMS: list search recent posts

OpenGear Up/Down/Cross Converter

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Grant Ferguson
OpenGear Up/Down/Cross Converter
on Mar 26, 2012 at 7:55:04 pm

I am trying to find information about the OpenGear Up/Down/Cross conversion card. I have called Blackmagic as well as used the website to get information but am having little success. I just need to find out if I feed it a 1080P60 signal what formats I can down convert the video into.

I am feeding it a feed from a Telepresence system that runs 1080P60 and I need to get it to an AJA FS-1 that can recieve 1080i as 720p formats. However, I am also trying to figure out the difference between 720p59.94 and 720p60. I was told by support that the card will only convert progressive exact to progressive exact, so 1080p60 to 720p60.

I was also told that the OpenGear card is the same as the Mini Converter, but on the website the tech specs show the card as being much more capable than the Mini Converter. I just am looking for some information from either users or support at Blackmagic. I need a chart that will show me what outputs I can generate coming from a 1080p60 signal.

Thanks,

Grant

Return to posts index

Chris Pearse
Re: OpenGear Up/Down/Cross Converter
on Mar 27, 2012 at 2:26:12 am

Hi Grant,

The functions, and supported formats of the OpenGear and Mini Converter UpDownCross are effectively the same. Indeed if you are inputting 1080p60 you would get 720p60 out from the converter. 1080p59.94 would output 720p59.94. But it's not possible to perform a conversion from 1080i to 1080p, or vice versa I'm afraid.

I think the difference in the specifications on the website is something that we will need to look into. The Mini Converter UpDownCross definitely supports more input formats than those listed. I'll see that the relevant person is informed.

If you contact your regional support office, I think they should be able to supply you with a conversion matrix for the UpDownCross. You can find the support numbers on the following page

http://www.blackmagic-design.com/company/

Chris Pearse
Technical Support Consultant
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]