FORUMS: list search recent posts

Intensity Pro

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jesse Austin
Intensity Pro
on Mar 21, 2012 at 8:09:13 pm

Hey all,

Question, I am using the Intensity Pro capture card and having major trouble using it to capture video. I have a DVD (not write protected) that is playing on a Panasonic BluRay player via HDMI cable. When I go into the FCP under the log and capture I get no signal what so ever.
Are there any special settings inside of FCP that I should know about?

Can someone give me a hand on this issue?
Thanks for any help.

Jess

Return to posts index

Chris Pearse
Re: Intensity Pro
on Mar 22, 2012 at 12:18:20 am

Hi Jesse,

I'm afraid that it would not be possible to capture over HDMI from a DVD or Blu-Ray player. These kinds of devices will have HDCP protection on their HDMI outputs, which means that they will not output to a capture device such as the Intensity Pro. Only to devices such as TVs or AV receivers. HDCP is more often than not always enabled, disregarding copy protection, or lack thereof, on the media.

Chris Pearse
Technical Support Consultant
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Jesse Austin
on Mar 22, 2012 at 6:16:07 am

Hey Chris, thanks for getting back to me. I was pulling my hair out over this thing. So then it does not even matter if the dvd was one that I burned myself then???

So since this is the case, do you have any suggestions on how I can do this. All I have is the DVD, not longer have the raw footage anymore.

Thanks for any help.

Jess

Return to posts index

Chris Pearse
on Mar 22, 2012 at 6:29:15 am

Hi Jesse,

With HDMI I find that it doesn't matter if the DVD was created yourself, HDCP is typically always on.

The only other way I can think of it working is using analog video, which of course doesn't have HDCP. Component video will give you the best quality if your video source has component video output.

Chris Pearse
Technical Support Consultant
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Dave Bergan
on Mar 23, 2012 at 9:13:51 pm

If you have a blu-ray disc drive and it's an unencrypted, you can use BlueX from DVDxDV (http://www.dvdxdv.com). I realize maybe you didn't burn the disc and don't have a drive. That will let you rip parts or the whole disc to a ProRes Quicktime. There's other blu ray ripping software but they would rip straight to a compressed format which would be less preferable, to me at least.

Return to posts index

Judd Wenzel
on Apr 6, 2012 at 9:34:27 pm

Hi, how about just using your RGB outputs off of your DVD player.
I have had this issue before and these along with the required
audio cables as well should allow you to copy these.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]