FORUMS: list search recent posts

Wirecast and UltraStudio 3D

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robbie Brandon
Wirecast and UltraStudio 3D
on Mar 16, 2012 at 4:02:58 am

Can anyone confirm if they are compatible? I want to use the Ultrastudio 3D to capture HD-SDI out of the ATEM 1M/E, stream and record. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Wirecast and UltraStudio 3D
on Mar 16, 2012 at 1:01:31 pm

I know of a number of people using the Ultra Studio 3D with Wirecast 4.1.3 although I don't have all the details. Telestream themselves are still testing and, given the many other Blackmagic devices they've certified, I expect this will work too even it they need to make a few tweaks in the end.

Return to posts index

Robbie Brandon
on Mar 16, 2012 at 3:49:29 pm

How about the intensity extreme? Can anyone confirm it's compatibility?

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Mar 16, 2012 at 4:19:44 pm

Also reports of people using successfully with Wirecast as well.
I've also personally tested Matrox MXO2 with Thunderbolt and that works as well.
While Telestream may tweak things based on SDKs from the manufacturer, it seems these devices are working. BTW regards Ultra Studio 3D, while both SDI inputs work, you can only access one at any given time in Wirecast. It's the nature of the device.

Return to posts index

Robbie Brandon
on Mar 16, 2012 at 4:29:57 pm

Thanks for your help Craig! Another question for ya: Would I be able to use hd-sdi in on the Ultrastudio, and HDMI out using wirecast? sorry if that's too specific.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Mar 16, 2012 at 4:33:37 pm

Currently Wirecast only sends video out using its External Display Output feature. You'd need a scan convertor such as Matrox Convert DVI which could give you HD-SDI out. Blackmagic has a "DVI Extender" which goes from DVI to SDI but the names a bit confusing since it's described as an "extender" and not a convertor.

Of course one challenge with new Macs is the Thunderbolt in is also the Monitor out. None of the Blackmagic devices have pass through either.

Blackmagic folks reading this. I think there are some of us who'd like an HDMI and/or SDI in with Thunderbolt pass through.

Return to posts index

Robert Lipop
on Oct 2, 2012 at 3:11:07 pm

Is the ability to only record a single SDI stream still true? Is this a wirecast limitation? The BMD media express advertises the ability to record 2 streams. Isn't this the point of the 3d model?? Was this a limitation that was part of a partial release? What does it do if it cannot record 2 streams? I feel that it would be a really big let down to not be able to record/intake 2 streams. This forum is not the first place I have heard of this limitation, and I am waiting for direct info from BMD.

I have read on their site that media express CAN record 2 streams out of the device. That may be an exclusive feature to their software but it would be really sharp if wirecast could have 2 sources come from the two SDI-IN's....

Update?

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Oct 2, 2012 at 3:37:43 pm

Blackmagic told me directly that it can only present itself as one signal.
The two SDIs are for 3D only. I believe it's limited in how the driver handles the source. It can only present a single 3D source.
This is not a Wirecast issue. It's something Blackmagic has to change.

It would be great if it could work as two independent inputs. Perhaps someone here from Blackmagic could speak to that.

Return to posts index

Robert Lipop
on Oct 2, 2012 at 4:58:24 pm

It is plain to me from reading their current version of the instruction manual for Media express that Media express will capture 2 discreet files. this may have not been a capability all along, but it apparently is currently.

It is my understanding that 3D recording and editing is 2 video streams. and then somewhere in post production it is combined.

I do see where you are coming from saying that it puts out one "Muxed" 3D stream, but at least in Media Express it appears that it is possible to record 2 separate streams.

But sometimes i feel that BMD can be a little spotty on "Full Disclosure" and i have learned to FULLY APPRECIATE all info that is out there. I dont want to assume something as i did when i thought that my Hyperdeck Shuttle 2 could record in ProRes...

I have reached out to BMD for clarification. THANKS!!

Return to posts index

Mathieu Marano
on Mar 16, 2012 at 11:14:01 pm

I used the Ultrastudio 3D on a Mac Mini with Wirecast to stream to Ustream without a glitch. Haven't tried to record but it must be up to the CPUs and drives.

Mathieu Marano
offline/online editor - motion graphics - Post-prod director - DaVinci Resolve operator
http://www.ilovehue.net

Administrator of the Montreal Final Cut User Group
http://www.finalcutmtl.org

Return to posts index

Kristy Maddox
on Mar 19, 2012 at 3:18:05 am

Could you please provide more some details on how long you managed to stream and what the output resolutions and bit-rates were. I have tried and could not get the same set up to work.

Return to posts index

Jonathan Dennison
on Jun 4, 2012 at 1:49:53 am

So, I have the Ultrastudio 3D connected, along with a Canon GL 1 connected through S-Video. I have my second monitor connected to the HDMI out. As usual, it only mirors the video signal currently being input. Wirecast has an option for "External Display Output: Television", which I assume is the video output to the Ultrastudio 3D. But, selecting it seems to do nothing. Is there a setting I'm missing to get this output to work? If I can get this to work, I can use the video camera at my church, process the video through Wirecast, continue the final signal to the closed circuit TV network around the church, and also be streaming live to the interwebs.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Jun 4, 2012 at 4:19:47 am

[Jonathan Dennison] "Wirecast has an option for "External Display Output: Television", which I assume is the video output to the Ultrastudio 3D."

No. Wirecast External Display Output uses the GPU out of the computer (the Display out). It does not sent output to any Video I/O devices although there are requests to implement such a feature.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]