FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blackmagic Intensity Extreme making weird noises

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fabian Kaeufer
Blackmagic Intensity Extreme making weird noises
on Mar 13, 2012 at 10:17:25 pm

Hi everyone, this is my first post here. Please apologize my probably not perfect English, it's not my first language.

I've recently bought a Intensity Extreme to replace my Ultrastudio 3D. The Ultrastudio was too high end for my needs but I bought it before anyway as I needed a Thunderbolt device a few months back. At first I was very happy that the Intensity Extreme operates much quieter that the Ultrastudio which had a very loud fan.

But today something really weird happened. I had ordered a DVI + optical audio to HDMI converter overseas which allows me to capture from a PlayStation 3. Everything works (set to 720p / 59.94) but as soon as I started using the converter, the Intensity Express started to make strange noises every now and then. Didn't really sound like the fan and it's hard to describe, but think of it more like a broken radio or interference. Afterwards the Extreme's fan behaved strangely, constantly starting to spin, shutting down and starting again. I was a little afraid that it's broken, but after disconnecting and reconnecting the Thunderbolt cable everything seems back to normal.

What could have caused this? It is possible that the HDMI (PS3 out) to DVI (converter box in) back to HDMI (Intensity Extreme) conversion creates a signal that could actually damage the Intensity Extreme?

I would really appreciate some advice here.

Thanks,

Fabian

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]