FORUMS: list search recent posts

Crestron DM - HDMI - HD-SDI | EDID Problem?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Marques
Crestron DM - HDMI - HD-SDI | EDID Problem?
on Mar 12, 2012 at 12:58:27 am

I have a Crestron DM-MD8X8 DigitalMedia sending 8G+ to a DM-RMC-100-C Receiver. The HDMI out on this is connected to a Blackmagic Design HDMI to HD-SDI converter to send video to a NewTek TriCaster 850 Extreme.

The problem I have is two-fold. The biggest is that DMTool isn't sending any video because it says either Invalid EDID or EDID N/A. I'm guessing this is because HD-SDI has no EDID? Is this a limitation of this inexpensive mini-converter?

Assuming I can get this much to work, the 2nd problem is that apparently, the $39,000 TriCaster can't automatically detect the input format it is being sent. So, because Crestron DM doesn't scale unless you get a scaler room box, the TriCaster user would have to set the input format potentially each time a switch was made to the DM-RMC-100-C.

I am thinking a scaling HDMI - YPrPb converter is my best bet. The Kramer VP-422 would do the trick. It does add 20ms of latency, but that may not be an issue. Other product suggestions are appreciated.

I know this may be slightly off topic, but I think the BMD converter is the issue here. I know I can connect HDMI to any monitor and everything works.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]