FORUMS: list search recent posts

Atem TVS portable set up for live streaming

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Lynch
Atem TVS portable set up for live streaming
on Mar 11, 2012 at 11:10:47 am

I am currently using the intensity shuttle to live stream one HD signal via ustreams producer studio software. I am looking into the best way to add more cameras to the mix.
Price is one issue but portability is just as important.

I have been looking at the ATEM Television Studio as a possible solution.
My idea is to have one laptop that controls everything from the switching to the uploading and recording to hard drive. A few questions that i would appreciate some answers to are:

1. will my MSI GE620 laptop have enough grunt to do all this?

2. will producer studio be able to pick up the H264 stream coming from the atem via usb2 as a camera input? or do i need to use the shuttle to take the hdmi program output feed?

3. i will be using the hdmi inputs not the sdi, does the audio signal from the cameras get dropped?

4. any other suggestions for multiple HD camera live streaming setups?

Thanks.

Australian cue sports videos Cueball.TV

Return to posts index

Mike Squires
Re: Atem TVS portable set up for live streaming
on Mar 11, 2012 at 5:43:41 pm

1. The MSI GE620 should be able to handle everything just fine, though I'd suggest maxing out the ram to 16GB.

2. I don't believe Producer Studio can currently use the TVS, so just use the Program output to the Shuttle.

3. Yes, audio is ignored on the inputs. It has an AES input for audio, which is then embedded on output. Basically, you'll need an audio mixer with AES output.

4. Honestly, this is about as simple as it gets.

Return to posts index

Dan Lynch
on Mar 12, 2012 at 12:53:08 am

Thanks Mike,
i am really trying to get away with less hardware. At this stage i am travelling to tournaments with a 25kg suitcase (most of the weight is cabling) plus a laptop bag and camera bag as carry on baggage. I have 1 HD feed through the shuttle and 4 SD feeds through a usb2 capture card, (manually switched with a $10 AV switching box).. The audio all comes in via an analog mixing deck plugged into the usb2 capture card. It all works well apart from the very poor SD picture quality.
Do you think the Teradek cube could be a simpler option to get the extra HD feed in?

Australian cue sports videos Cueball.TV

Return to posts index

Mathieu Marano
on Mar 12, 2012 at 3:25:36 pm

Personnaly I use the Atem 1 M/E with a similar setup.

Atem 1 M/E for switching beween 4 cams and 2 MAC
MX02 mini with thunderbolt adapter to capture or stream
Mac Mini to control the Atem and stream with Wirecast
Mackie 1402 to manage audio
2 x ACER touchscreen display for multiview and control
Rackmount PDU

Everything fits in a 4U rackmount. I can add two FW800 G-RAID mini to capture direct to disk too.

Mathieu Marano
offline/online editor - motion graphics - Post-prod director - DaVinci Resolve operator
http://www.ilovehue.net

Administrator of the Montreal Final Cut User Group
http://www.finalcutmtl.org

Return to posts index

John Fickling
on Mar 23, 2012 at 3:32:03 am

Hello Mathieu,

That sounds like a real good setup you have all in a 4RU case.

Would you post some pictures to share what you have done and your typical setup when in use. I am doing something similar but using TVS when I get it completed.

Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]