FORUMS: list search recent posts

Scopes for Resolve?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bret Williams
Scopes for Resolve?
on Mar 8, 2012 at 7:37:38 pm

I am happy that Resolve Lite is free. And it's working with my Instensity Extreme just fine on the iMac. What are my options for video scopes? A color correction app without scopes is pretty, well, bizarre. Do the paid versions of Resolve have scopes built in?

Return to posts index

Jay Bloomfield
Re: Scopes for Resolve?
on Mar 8, 2012 at 9:20:48 pm

Resolve has a pretty non-intuitive user interface. In the Color screen, all 4 scopes are available by right-clicking on the clip (RGB Parade, Vectorscope, Histogram and Waveform).

Return to posts index

Neil Goodman
on Mar 8, 2012 at 9:46:57 pm

The scopes are definitely there.. gotta right click to bring em up. floating windows, as many as you want. That said, software scopes are not that reliable and if going to broadcast i'd peep em out on real hardware scopes before delivery.

Neil Goodman: Editor of New Media Production - NBC/Universal

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Mar 9, 2012 at 1:12:19 am

Of course, you could buy a Blackmagic Ultrascope which will work perfectly for you, but you would have to spend about $660 for the Ultrascope, and I am sure that is too much money for you. Because you want it for free.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Juan Salvo
on Mar 9, 2012 at 3:55:14 am

There is also the spew scopebox 3.0 which can use any old BlackMagic card. Of course you'd have to run that on a seperate machine, just like you would for the ultrascope.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Mar 9, 2012 at 4:36:09 am

Does ultra scope work with HDMI? Where do I right click to see the software scopes? I don't do much broadcast. I'm a corporate guy mostly. A local commercial here or there or something for local PBS. Never could stomach color, but DaVinci is wonderful so far. The round tripping is the way things should be. You can practically edit in the thing. In fact, I'd welcome some DaVinci edit app.

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Mar 9, 2012 at 8:18:34 pm

Hi Bret -
the Ultrascope is HD-SDI only, but these days, a HDMI to HD-SDI converter is only $295, so it's easy to get this into Ultrascope.

bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Mar 10, 2012 at 3:38:43 am

Too rich for my blood. If I can start making money with it, sure. But right now I'm just goofing around learning the app. Happy as heck to get to learn Reslove for free though!

Return to posts index

Jay Bloomfield
on Mar 9, 2012 at 11:49:32 pm

Go to the COLOR screen and then right click on the clip displayed in the top left of the screen. You'll see a bunch of check boxes for each scope. It would be better if they docked somewhere or maybe I'm too stupid to figure out how to do that.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Mar 10, 2012 at 3:36:44 am

Thanks Jay. I'll go check it out.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Mar 10, 2012 at 5:04:21 pm

Decent scopes. I need to get that other 27" display so I can park them over there. :) Or maybe my old 20" acer will do.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]