FORUMS: list search recent posts

Intensity Extreme output question

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
adrian Salinas
Intensity Extreme output question
on Mar 7, 2012 at 11:30:26 pm

Hi everybody, I got a BM intensity extreme card for color grading and im having 2 issues, 1 I would like to calibrate the screen im using but there is no blue only on the box and can't find any other way of doing this, used to have a broadcast monitor but sold it, my other question is about an apple hd cinema display, i have the 23 inch one, the silver matte one that they dont make anymore, I love this screen and im thinking maybe i can plug it to the intensity since its calibrated and really good quality, I got a dvi female to hdmi adaptor hoping it would work, but it does not, the screen gets no signal from the intensity, is there a way around this or do you guys have any other suggestions, if my solution is to get a hdtv what do you recommend in the small low budget side of things. thanks for your help

Thank you

Return to posts index

Mike Squires
Re: Intensity Extreme output question
on Mar 8, 2012 at 12:03:07 am

Hmm, the DVI-to-HDMI should work. IIRC, the Apple Cinema HD native resolution was 1920x1080, so there shouldn't be a reason it doesn't work.

If it doesn't work, we've had good luck with 24" Dell and Asus displays. You can get a pretty good Asus display for around $200:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236153

Return to posts index

Chris Pearse
on Mar 8, 2012 at 12:31:24 am

Hi Adrian,

If the Apple display is the one I'm thinking of, the HDMI output from the Intensity Extreme is not going to work with this.

Whilst there is some cross compatibility between DVI and HDMI, it's not universal. The Intensity Extreme is always going to output in broadcast standard video formats (1080i, 720p etc.), and in a YUV colourspace. The Apple Cinema Display, as with most DVI monitors, is expecting an RGB colourspace, and a computer standard video resolution, such as it's native resolution, which should be 1920x1200.

Ideally you would want a monitor with an HDMI input. In my experience DVI rarely accepts the kind of signal the Intensity Extreme outputs. I'm afraid I don't have any suggestions myself, but I'm sure there are plenty of great monitors out there that would be suitable.

Chris Pearse
Technical Support Consultant
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Bob Walmsley
on Apr 16, 2012 at 2:23:20 pm

Hi Adrian

I'm trying to found out whether the Blackmagic Intensity Extreme (Thundeerbolt) is compatible with Apple Color 1.5.3

I have an old sony broadcast monitor which I want to hook up to my set-up. Do you know if I can send Color's video output to ths monitor via the Intensity Extreme?

Cheers in advance.

Bob

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]