FORUMS: list search recent posts

Files won't playback in Hyperdeck Studio

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott DePace
Files won't playback in Hyperdeck Studio
on Mar 6, 2012 at 2:55:39 pm

I have posted about this before and have been trying everything. At best I get inconsistent results. My goal is to create and playback looped graphic files on the Hyperdeck Studio.

Here is my process. I create a 32 bit HD comp in After effects CS5. After hitting "make movie" I go to the render que. I select quicktime, uncheck include project link and include source XMP Metadata. Under format options I choose "Uncompressed YUV 10 bit 4:2:2". Channels- RGB, depth -trillions of colors and then I select the audio output box. I then name the file something like "background" and render the file.

After that I transfer the file to my OCZ Vertex 3 SSD drive via an external Voyager SSD bay through my PC's eSATA port.

My results vary. Most of the time I see nothing when I put the drive into the Hyperdeck Studio. Sometimes I see the file but only about 16 seconds of the file plays back, then it cuts to black and then loops back to the start. And then a few times and only a few times, I have gotten the file to playback fine. I have two Hyperdecks and four drives so the odds of the issue being a piece of hardware is small. I'm wondering if the external bay may be the issue. The 3GB file transfer progress bar completes in about ten seconds but then the bay continues to flash red for another twenty seconds indicating that it is still writing the file.

Does anyone have any thoughts before I give up for good?

Return to posts index

Scott DePace
Re: Files won't playback in Hyperdeck Studio
on Mar 6, 2012 at 3:53:20 pm

Ouch. Update. My operator had switched the capture to a different format making the file not show up. Sorry.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]