FORUMS: list search recent posts

premiere pro/intensity pro/no audio

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike roberts
premiere pro/intensity pro/no audio
on Mar 5, 2012 at 10:50:56 pm

hey guys, can't seem to get the audio to play in premiere pro. The card works flawlessly with After Effects, and premiere seems like it's working, but i can't get audio even thought the meters are dancing, even with the Blackmagic presets.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Mike

Return to posts index

Justin Strauber
Re: premiere pro/intensity pro/no audio
on Mar 6, 2012 at 4:20:59 am

Do you have your speakers connected to the BMD board or just the computer? With the BMD board installed, playback audio will default to the board rather than your PC sound card.

If your speakers aren't hooked to the BMD, you can remap premieres output to use your PC speakers in the preferences.

Return to posts index

Mike roberts
on Mar 6, 2012 at 4:50:06 am

Thanks Justin. I'm on a Mac and have tried all the other setting
In premiere. Speakers etc... Also it all works great in AE!

Return to posts index

Justin Strauber
on Mar 6, 2012 at 4:55:29 am

These are the instructions from the Adobe site for CS5 / CS5.5, have you checked this setting?

- Premiere Pro > Preferences > Audio Output Mapping (Mac OS).
- In the Preferences dialog box, from the Map Output For menu, choose the driver for the device desired. By default, Premiere Pro selects Built-In (Mac OS).

You want to make sure that's set on Built-In. If it is, then you got me puzzled. I don't have a Mac with BMD hardware in it, so I can't see if I can reproduce it, but on my PC, all my audio in Premiere goes through my Decklink SDI card, regardless of timeline preset. I can change it via the windows version of the settings above.

Return to posts index

Mike roberts
on Mar 6, 2012 at 6:01:19 am

Thanks Justin,

|t's a real puzzle. sound works great on all other settings but the blackmagic ones, no matter what i select... very weird.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]