FORUMS: list search recent posts

No image to MacBook Pro from Ultrastudio 3D

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bc Hatchett
No image to MacBook Pro from Ultrastudio 3D
on Mar 2, 2012 at 8:43:47 pm

Need some help with this. If anyone can help I would be very appreciative. I am trying to run a Canon XF100 HDMI to an Ultrastudio 3D with Thunderbolt from Ultrastudio 3D to a MacBook Pro. I cannot get an image out of the Ultrastudio no matter which input I select. I have tried Component, Composite, and HDMI in and cannot get anything to come out of the Ultrastudio. I have even connected it to a monitor via HDMI out and nothing will show up there either. I have called Blackmagic Design and they did not have any additional information to assist. They did send a replacement and that has not worked out either. I have tried every conceivable setting with no luck. Has anyone had any success with this type of connection?

15in MacBook Pro
8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
OSX 10.7.3

Return to posts index

Colin Sandy
Re: No image to MacBook Pro from Ultrastudio 3D
on Mar 6, 2012 at 5:24:29 pm

I used the same setup this morning and it appears to work fine. I did have trouble with previews in one application, but the actual video was coming through.

When I initially set up this morning, one of my cameras was set to PAL because it was in the UK recently. I forgot and kept trying NTSC setting so I got a big nothing until I realized my error, went into the camera settings, and made sure the standard, resolution, and rates all matched.

Try started with the BMD applications just to make sure everything is running fine.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]