FORUMS: list search recent posts

Intensity Shuttle -- NEC Renesas

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jerel Peterson
Intensity Shuttle -- NEC Renesas
on Feb 29, 2012 at 5:39:59 pm

As indicated in an earlier post, I've been having trouble finding a laptop to work with the Shuttle. But maybe I'm doing something wrong...

The instruction booklet says that if my USB 3 uses the NEC chip, I need to check to see if the firmware is up-to-date. The booklet also says that if I have this chip,I should see the Utility program to check for this information.

I haven't found that program on either of the two laptops I've tried this week, so I assumed these computers didn't have the NEC chip. On the other hand, after reading some other posts on this forum, it seems that Renesas and NEC are really one-in-the-same. The laptops DO say they have the Renesas USB 3.0 on them.

So, do I need to install some firmware update even if I don't have that utility program on my computer?

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Intensity Shuttle -- NEC Renesas
on Feb 29, 2012 at 8:55:45 pm

I am not in front of my computers that have the detailed info. There is no longer a Renesas or USB 3 utility. You absolutely must insure that you have the correct modern driver and firmware are on your USB3 chipset on your Windows PC. Let me assure you that if you assume that everything is just ok, because it is a new computer, it probably won't work. I recently built two brand new Sony VAIO 24" Touchscreen systems with the Pocket Ultrascope that uses USB3, and both brand new Sony computers USB Renesas chipsets were out of date, and would not work until I did the updates.

I will try to get you the correct site to go to, but I am currently in NY, and do not have access to this info right now.

this is the exact site that you need - but I don't have my notes as exactly what to download -
http://www.station-drivers.com/page/renesas.htm

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Mike Squires
on Feb 29, 2012 at 11:57:08 pm

Download firmware 4.0.1.5.0.2 and driver Version 2.1.28.1 Pour Windows Xp/Vista/7 32/64bits.

Return to posts index

Francesco Belladonna
on Mar 1, 2012 at 4:59:49 am

I Have samsung RF511-S02 laptop, HM65 chipset and USB 3 NEC Renesas.
Samsung did not provide an upgrade to the driver (while firmware is 4000+, don't remember exactly, so is ok), but looking in NEC drivers download page I found the upgrade for drivers. I installed it and now I can effectively use shuttle on my laptop too.

I'm still looking, however, for a way to have a fullscreen preview with sound. I want use the shuttle to play on my laptop screen, for when I'm out. Any suggestion about it?

Return to posts index

bastiaan schouwink
on Mar 17, 2012 at 5:24:50 pm

i have one question could the intesity work with my xps 17 l702x hm67 chipset laptop
and i think for your problem you can maybe use adobe or smthng like that, you ll have to try it out

Return to posts index

Francesco Belladonna
on Mar 17, 2012 at 7:53:55 pm

I don't know, I just tested with my laptop and it worked fine.

For my problem, I solved with virtualdub which works gracefully and it's free

Return to posts index

bastiaan schouwink
on Mar 28, 2012 at 11:05:22 am

could you tell wich drivers you installed and how you installed them

Return to posts index

Francesco Belladonna
on Mar 28, 2012 at 3:36:53 pm

Yes, I have a nec/renesas usb3 controller. I didn't upgrade the firmware because my usb3 host controller utility show a much higher version as a firmware (It's not even downloadable, maybe a bug. I simply didn't touch the firmware). Instead I download driver: http://www.station-drivers.com/page/renesas.htm Version 2.1.28.1 Pour Windows Xp/Vista/7 32/64bits for NEC/Renesas USB3 controller.

I installed them, restarted pc and I can correctly use my intensity shuttle

Return to posts index

Marcelo Lima
on Apr 2, 2013 at 2:58:37 pm

I did find the drive you mentioned. Could you send me, please? My e-mail: maclim@ig.com.br

Return to posts index

Marcelo Lima
on Apr 2, 2013 at 2:41:18 pm

Dear friends,

I have Samsung RF511 with usb 3.0, intel i7, 8GB, and I have not got to nstall the Intensity Shuttle. I tried many times no sucess. I uptodated the drivers and nothing. Please, can you help me?

Return to posts index

Marcelo Lima
on Apr 5, 2013 at 1:56:39 am

Dear friends,

I have Samsung RF511 with usb 3.0, intel i7, 8GB, and I have not got to nstall the Intensity Shuttle. I tried many times no sucess. I uptodated the drivers and nothing. Please, can you help me?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]