Liudas Vasaris
HyperDeck as instant replay?
on Feb 27, 2012 at 1:25:43 pm

Is it possible??

Return to posts index

Richard Crowley
Re: HyperDeck as instant replay?
on Feb 27, 2012 at 6:23:32 pm

Depending on exactly what you mean by "instant", it is quite possible. Note that longer recording files take longer to "close". So "instant" may mean "several seconds" before you can go and play something back.

And note also that it isn't necessarily easy to find the exact spot in a hurry, even if you wrote down the timecode of the spot you want to see.

Return to posts index

Liudas Vasaris
on Feb 27, 2012 at 8:36:10 pm

Of course it should have much "inconvenience", but it's interesting how it would look in the field...

So it's possible to add JLCooper MCS2 Media Control Station to HyperDeck Studio via RS422 and have "poor mans" replay system?:)

But does it have option for slow replay, I just found in manual about fas forward, but nothing about slow motion.

Return to posts index

Paul Lewis
on Feb 28, 2012 at 10:45:30 am

We tried a Hyperdeck Studio that was loaned to us, in our truck.
Using a DNF 300 slo-mo controller, it worked okay except for a couple of quirks. When recording, the DNF stop button doesn't stop it, you have to use the Hyperdeck's stop button, also there was frame interlace jitter when paused, doing 601 NTSC [SD-SDI]. Now this is with the factory firmware, and recording in uncompressed 10bit QuickTime. Also you need a Mac with a SATA drive dock, to format and erase the SSD.
Things may change with firmware updates.

Cheers,
Paul Lewis

Return to posts index

Liudas Vasaris
on Feb 28, 2012 at 1:58:49 pm

Thanks Paul,

but does Hyperdeck Studio have option to play recorded clip in 70%? Can you confirm this, becouse I dont find any information about this.

Return to posts index

Paul Lewis
on Feb 29, 2012 at 3:13:26 am

I will talk to the Replay Operator that ran it in our truck, it was loaned to us by another company, so I don't have it anymore.

Cheers,
Paul Lewis

Return to posts index

Paul Lewis
on Feb 29, 2012 at 3:41:50 am

Just chatted with Chris, who ran the BMD Hyperdeck studio on our truck for a basketball game,
He said it seemed to run at whatever playback rate the DNF slow motion controller called for,
so you could start from a dead still frame and ramp it up to full playback speed,
I know on the built in control panel there is a way to make a clip loop,
but I don't know if you can get it to run a clip at a variable rate, except by using a external controller. so 70%? maybe!
if you have a rs-422 controller that does variable playback.
Maybe in future firmware upgrades it will learn more tricks!

Cheers,
Paul Lewis

Return to posts index

Jared Ganem
on Aug 13, 2012 at 4:12:06 pm

Hey, I know it's an older topic but has anyone had any success with this using JLCooper Media Control? I'm curious to see if it's worked and also how you think it'd work with the upcoming release of Hyperdeck Studio Pro. Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]