FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blackmagic Intesity Extreme with Thunderbolt loose audio sync in Flash Media Live Encoder

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Greenwood
Blackmagic Intesity Extreme with Thunderbolt loose audio sync in Flash Media Live Encoder
on Feb 27, 2012 at 1:07:07 am

I have the following items:

-BlackMagic Intensity Extreme (Thunderbolt) (drivers 9.1 then I tried 9.2)
- MacBook Pro; 2ghz Intel Core i7, 4GB Ram, AMD Radeon DH 6490m, Intel HD Graphics 3000
- Flash Media Live Encoder 3.2 (FMLE)

I'm attempting to stream live with FMLE and the audio seems to be a head of the video. The video is about 1 second behind right from the start of encoding and the delay increases as time goes on. There are zero dropped frames in FMLE or on Akamai's side.

mmm.... so I've even selected the audio input in FMLE as Line in on the computer and patched the audio into the computers line in and the results are the same with the video delayed..

Flash Media Live Encoder mentions in their website that "All DirectShow supported devices that give data in raw format can be used with Flash Media Live Encoder"

The Black Magic Website says this, "Intensity works with the software you love to use! Use DirectShow™...."
any thoughts?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Jeff Greenwood
Re: Blackmagic Intesity Extreme with Thunderbolt loose audio sync in Flash Media Live Encoder
on Mar 6, 2012 at 4:10:24 am

No thoughts on this?

Return to posts index

Jordan Sarkisian
Re: Blackmagic Intesity Extreme with Thunderbolt loose audio sync in Flash Media Live Encoder
on Apr 23, 2012 at 8:17:06 pm

I am having the same problem, but i'm using a 13 inch Macbook pro. I would assume this means it's either an issue on FMEs side, or Mac in general. I have heard of this problem coming up a lot of people. Can't seem to get a response from anyone, but most seem to be switching to PC for streaming needs. Really would like to iron out the problem here so I can use my BMIE.

Return to posts index

Alex Elkins
on Jun 25, 2012 at 4:40:59 pm

As this thread is relatively recent I just want to add another thing. I was streaming with FMLE and an AJA Kona 3 and similarly was getting quite bad audio sync. It seems to drift over time.

So my point really is that this doesn't appear to be an AJA or Blackmagic issue. I can't seem to find a solution online, but I think it looks like an issue with FMLE.

Alex Elkins
Twitter: @postbluetv
http://www.postblue.tv
Post Blue showreel
Latest work: Greyhounds in Motion at 500fps
My Vimeo Pro page

Return to posts index

Joly MacFie
on Jun 26, 2012 at 12:13:25 am

Same problem - can be seen here - using livestream procaster.

Not my kit - I was remote producer. I wondered if there could be a workaround in setting the BIE to a different quality setting.

Keen to follow this thread.

Return to posts index

Van Tanner
on Sep 2, 2014 at 9:39:50 pm

Exactly the same here. Blackmagic will not support the issue. Wish I could get my money back. I was on a PC and was talked into going with Blackmagic. No stream, No support, No way I recommend Blackmagic.

Return to posts index

Chad Pearson
on Sep 3, 2014 at 12:40:04 am

The threads you are trying to reply to are over 2 years old. I have streamed with both an Intensity Shuttle USB3 and Teranex 2D. Once I switched away from FMLE the problem went away.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]