FORUMS: list search recent posts

UltraStudio 3d and Stereo Playback

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Connolly
UltraStudio 3d and Stereo Playback
on Feb 25, 2012 at 2:24:21 am

I'm running round after my tail looking for Stereo playback options on the Mac. Don't laugh...
I'm working on Stereo jobs in Nuke and wish to playback/monitor my work.

I've just bought a Quadro 4000 for a 2 year old MacPro.
I have a Thunderbolt MacBook Pro.

So I have a few questions...

I've exhausted the Quadro 3dVision options as I have no wish to go down a Windows or Linux bootcamp route.

And then I discovered the UltraStudio3d, and this seems a wonderful solution to work between my 2 machines.

On my Macbook Pro this seems perfect fit, but I presume I need to output to a 3DTV via HDMI and use it's provided glasses?

Or can I go straight into a monitor such as an Acer HN274H and use the provided 3dVision glasses with the built-in transmitter?
Are the 3dVision drivers in the monitor, or on the TV - non PC devices can be used with the monitor such as PS3 and BlueRay, so I presume all 3dVision support is in the Monitor, no Mac drivers needed?

And lastly, which would be the sweet bit, can I use the UltraStudio3d as a conversion box, and output Quad buffered 1080 60P 3d via the DualLink DVI on the Quadro4000, pipe that into the HDMI in on the UltraStudio3d, and then connect that via HDMI to a 3DTV or Monitor as above?

sorry for the many questions, but this is a bit of a minefield.
All because of no 3d Quadro drivers for Mac.

thanks in advance for any input

mike.connolly

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]