FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP Timeline Delay Decklink HD Extreme 3D

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Michael
FCP Timeline Delay Decklink HD Extreme 3D
on Feb 24, 2012 at 5:49:18 pm

I just got off the phone with Blackmagic who were not very helpful with this. Was hoping someone here might have some insight.

I'm getting delay in my FCP timeline response when outputting through the decklink. This isn't an audio sync issue, which is what your mind might initially jump to, though it might be related in principle - everything looks in sync.

We are monitoring output (audio and video) through the Decklink. When I press my pause button while sending external video signal through the card I get a few frames of delay. Conversely, when I set my external output to "none" or to "desktop", the playhead stops on a dime. It's extremely important that the timeline playhead stop when I tell it to and not 3-4 frames later.

The tech support guy told me I just had to live with it, but I was wondering if anyone has any insight into how to get FCP to be more responsive while using the Blackmagic for external video?

If this belongs in the FCP forum let me know ASAP so I can move it over there.

Thanks immensely for the feedback.

-David

Return to posts index

David Michael
Re: FCP Timeline Delay Decklink HD Extreme 3D
on Feb 25, 2012 at 8:52:47 pm

Well, just for anyone who has the problem and searches for it - there is not solution, it's just part of the card's hardware. The Blackmagic card is crap for use with FCP if you are looking for any sort of real-time accuracy, though it's probably fine for other applications like Davinci. Just swapped it out for a Kona LHe+. Our headaches are gone.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]