FORUMS: list search recent posts

Shuttle not recognized by ME or Control Panel - confirmed USB3

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Kirk
Shuttle not recognized by ME or Control Panel - confirmed USB3
on Feb 24, 2012 at 4:42:48 pm

hi,
I'm not sure if this is a general USB3 or shuttle question. I have an MSI X58 motherboard with the NEC/Renesas chip. Upgraded to the very latest at
http://www.station-drivers.com/page/renesas.htm
confirmed via the host UI and in device managers. After I plugin the shuttle it loads the drivers and even upgrades the firmware on the shuttle. (and I have latest video tools from BM, v9.1 I think).
When I open the shuttle in the device manager I see in the driver info that its "parent" is the USB3 root (you see a USB 2 root if you plug it into a USB 2 slot).

But, the shuttle control panel UI is grayed out and "no device" when I open media express.
I still suspect USB3 connectivity issues because I get those popup warnings about "this shuttle will perform better if plugged into a SuperSpeed USB3 port" or similar. I've scoured the web for info on this and it could even be cord issues or electrical interference.

Are there any other logs or diagnostic info I can check to see why exactly the shuttle is not being picked up? can we launch the tools in a verbose/logging mode?
thanks for any tips.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]