FORUMS: list search recent posts

Decklink Studio and Media Express.

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Thompson
Decklink Studio and Media Express.
on Feb 24, 2012 at 3:08:26 am

Test setup.
Intel BOXDZ68BC LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz TurboBoost) 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80623I72600K
500 GB hdd and 16GB ram.
Using the onboard graphics of the board and processor.
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

I've been testing the card with various pieces of software. I have successfully captured video thru the composite video port, 4 basketball games using the media express program. This was using the 9.1 driver.
Then I moved on to trying MagicSoft CG5, this software would not work with the 9.1 software and I switched to 7.9.5. The MagicSoft CG and play out software both worked great with this setup.

Today I tried to use the media express to capture some video and the setup wouldn't work. I tried uninstalling all the software that had been installed since it last worked and tried a clean install of the 9.1 driver and the 7.9.5 driver. Nothing helped.

What else can I try to get this to work? And why would one of the most basic functions of the card (keying) not work with a new driver?

Thanks for any help.

Return to posts index

Mark Thompson
Re: Decklink Studio and Media Express.
on Feb 24, 2012 at 4:57:51 pm

I don't know why but it is working today. I can capture on the composite and svideo ports. And the live key is kind of working. It show the key image on and internal key but not the back ground video.

Return to posts index

Joshua Helling
on Feb 24, 2012 at 10:35:57 pm

Just to clarify.

Is the input set to SDI? It will not work from analog sources. It's SDI only.

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index

Mark Thompson
on Feb 24, 2012 at 10:41:17 pm

No, I had the input set to composite and 4 xlr. Today I tested with the composite and s-video and both worked. Tomorrow I will have access to a sdi camera and I'm going to test it with it. I've almost convinced myself that it was some kind of problem with the firm wear not updating correctly.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]