FORUMS: list search recent posts

Question on how to "share" the displayed video from H.264 output....

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kurt Euler
Question on how to "share" the displayed video from H.264 output....
on Feb 23, 2012 at 2:30:11 am

B. Magic experts-

Is there any software that will take the USB video output of a BM device (in my case, the H.264) and display the stream in full screen? As you probably know, the BM screen capture software displays a facsimile of the captured video in the upper right quarter (approx) of the software interface.

The idea behind the full screen view on the PC is to share the PC screen with with others during video conferencing to demonstrate set-top box interfaces. Sharing the current interface is rather ugly. (Audience doesn't need to see the small video, and all the screen capture software controls.)

Short of the solution described above (using the H.264), does anyone have any other recommendations on how to achieve the desired result. Note that for demonstrations, no capturing (to a file) is needed. Its only for realtime display.

Thanks in advance!

-Kurt

Return to posts index

Richard Freemantle
Re: Question on how to "share" the displayed video from H.264 output....
on Feb 23, 2012 at 3:27:43 am

Hi Kurt,

From your description I think MX Light (http://www.mxlight.co.uk/) fits your needs perfectly.

It has an interface which can be hidden & can also preview fullscreen. Its also light on cpu (about 1/2 compared to Media Express).

Theres a free demo available on the download page.

I'm the developer, so if you have any question please feel free to ask.

Thanks
Rich

Return to posts index

Mike Squires
on Feb 23, 2012 at 4:03:23 am

Yep, stream it with MX Light through VLC. Then use VLC or MPC-HC on another computer to view it full-screen.

Return to posts index

Eric Lanouette
on Feb 23, 2012 at 7:34:29 am

Richard,

Do you plan to release a Mac version of MX Light?

Thanks

Eric

Return to posts index

Richard Freemantle
on Feb 23, 2012 at 8:19:49 am

Hi Eric,

My current development plans do not include a mac version, however this is something I may look into at a future date.

MX Light may work (/theorhetically should) with a mac using bootcamp but this is something I have yet to test. Admittedly this is not ideal but it is currently the only way I can see to run MX Light successfully on a mac.

Thanks
Rich

Return to posts index

Kurt Euler
on Feb 23, 2012 at 5:04:49 pm

Thanks all! I'll give the software a try!

Return to posts index

Dan Kanes
on Feb 23, 2012 at 10:40:18 pm

Can MX Light Record to disk simultaneously while streaming? Also, is it capable of handling two streams at the same time, say from two ATEMs or H.264 encoders?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Richard Freemantle
on Feb 24, 2012 at 12:47:00 am

Hi Dan,

MX Light can record to disk and stream simultaneously.

The current version only supports 1 connected device, although support for multiple devices is something I've considered for future versions.

Thanks
Rich

Return to posts index

Kurt Euler
on Feb 24, 2012 at 1:20:43 am

Hi Rich. I started this thread with a software question, the use case being using H.264 and software for live presentations video output. It looks like MX Light might do the job for us, though we've not tried it yet.

The hardware issue we're likely to face with the H.264 is the 2 seconds (approx) latency it introduced by its H.264 encoding. My question is, will MX Light work with other produces (Black Magic's, for example, perhaps one of their "Intensity" models) that won't introduce much latency? For this use, we wouldn't need storage space, just a fast pipe to the PC (USB 3.0, in the Intensity case).

Thanks!

-Kurt

Return to posts index

Richard Freemantle
on Feb 24, 2012 at 2:50:26 am

Hi Kurt,

I can understand why latency might be an issue in your use case. I've just tested to latency on my system with the H264 Pro-Recorder encoding 1920x1080p 60fps & being previewed using VLC & the latency is just under a second.

I'm not sure if this is fast enough for your purposes, or what kind of latency you can achieve on your system. The only way would be to test it.

Sorry but MX Light doesnt currently support products other than the H264 Pro Recorder & the ATEM TVS.

Thanks
Rich

Return to posts index

Kurt Euler
on Feb 24, 2012 at 4:10:23 pm

OK, thanks Rich!

Return to posts index

Huy Nguyen
on Apr 4, 2012 at 1:21:30 pm

Hi Rich,

Could you show me how to get TS packet from H264 Pro recorder by Decklink API?

Thanks and regards,
Huy Nguyen

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]