FORUMS: list search recent posts

intensity pro cant change video format

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
david Hartman
intensity pro cant change video format
on Feb 22, 2012 at 10:46:53 pm

so i installed the card in my computer, and download the latest version of media express, and connected the xbox in to the input of the hdmi. i have watched a number of how to videos and i know that what ever format media express is looking for the xbox has to be at the same. so at the bottom of the window next to the i, i see project untitled HD 1920x1080i 59.94fps, this tells me that ME is looking for 1080i, on my xbox it tells me it can do every format but 1080i (irony). in the videos they showed that you go to preferences in ME to change the format. so i did that and under video format it list only: native (progressive), and under capture format it only has : H.264 MP4, quality button is grayed out. there is nothing else in the drop down menus but that so my question is what do i do?

Return to posts index

Mike Squires
Re: intensity pro cant change video format
on Feb 22, 2012 at 11:37:40 pm

Under the format preferences, you should be able to select 720p, you may have to use the scroll bar on the right to see them all.

Return to posts index

david Hartman
on Feb 23, 2012 at 1:45:02 am

is the format preferences under Edit>preferences called project video formats, because the only thing in the drop down box is native (progressive) and for capture file formate it only has H .264

here is some pics of the settings
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk57/cooldude159/IMG_1277.jpg
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk57/cooldude159/IMG_1276.jpg

Return to posts index

david Hartman
on Feb 23, 2012 at 12:26:59 am

im on windows xp if that makes a differance

Return to posts index

Justin Moy
on Feb 23, 2012 at 2:11:51 am

Desktop Video 8.0+ is only supported on Windows 7 64-bit.

Grab Intensity 3.9.4 from here: http://www.blackmagic-design.com/media/11190/Intensity_Windows_3.9.4.zip

which was the latest driver package and Media Express for Windows XP and Windows 7 32-bit.

Return to posts index

david Hartman
on Feb 23, 2012 at 12:42:28 am

update: i tried it with my ps3 at 1080i and it still didn't work and in media express under device it says no device connected, if needed i can post a video of my current settings if it helps.

Return to posts index

Mike Squires
on Feb 23, 2012 at 1:50:07 am

In Media Express, under Device, there is nothing listed?

Return to posts index

Kristian Lam
on Feb 23, 2012 at 2:42:29 am

David,

Looks like the card is not detected in your system. Go into the Blackmagic control panel which you can find in your Windows Control Panel and see if your card is detected. If it is, the Blackmagic control panel will say "Intensity Pro" right at the top. If the options are greyed out, then the card is not detected.

regards

Kristian Lam
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

david Hartman
on Feb 23, 2012 at 2:49:13 am

it is grayed out in the blackmagic control pannel, so what would need to install to get the card detected?

Return to posts index

Mike Squires
on Feb 23, 2012 at 3:59:15 am

You need to start from scratch. It's possible the card isn't seated properly in the PCI-E slot, so I'd start there.

Uninstall the BMD software, turn off the computer, pull the card and then re-seat the card. If you have another PCI-E slot, try using that one.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]