FORUMS: list search recent posts

Do HyperDeck Shuttle 2 recordings work with Avid Media Composer 5.5?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Drabick
Do HyperDeck Shuttle 2 recordings work with Avid Media Composer 5.5?
on Feb 21, 2012 at 6:43:24 pm

I sold a NewTek TriCaster 300 to a city government channel last summer . . . they are recording the live-switch to the TriCaster's internal hard drive saved as an M2T file.

They edit with Avid Media Composer 5.5, which doesn't like the M2T file that the TriCaster 300 creates, so they render the file out inside the TriCaster to HDV (!) which they can edit using their Media Composer 5.5 software but after losing some image quality.

My customer asked me about using the Blackmagic HyperDeck Shuttle 2 which, as you know, records to Avid's DNxHD format using the SDI output of the TriCaster to record the live switch to the SSD inside the HyperDeck Shuttle 2, which makes sense to me.

The BIG question is . . . will the Avid DNxHD file that the HyperDeck Shuttle 2 records work with their Media Composer 5.5 software?

Or do they need to upgrade their Media Composer software to version 6.0?

Thanks!

Matt Drabick,
DigiTek Systems

Return to posts index

Andreas Wojtaschek
Re: Do HyperDeck Shuttle 2 recordings work with Avid Media Composer 5.5?
on Feb 21, 2012 at 9:07:38 pm

I'm 99% sure it will work.

I used a Hyperdeck Studio to record DNxHD MXF files. I tried to import them into Avid MC 5.0 and they work perfectly. You just have to copy the files to the MXF directory of your Avid data. Works.

Because it works with 5.0 it should also work with 5.5 - there is no reason why it shouldn't.

Regards

Andreas

--

Entertainment Producer IHK
mindandvision

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]