FORUMS: list search recent posts

HyperDeck 2.5 Beta 2 software available now.

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kristian Lam
HyperDeck 2.5 Beta 2 software available now.
on Feb 21, 2012 at 10:42:52 am

Hi,

Thanks very much for your feedback with HyperDeck 2.5 Beta 1.

We've just uploaded HyperDeck 2.5 Beta 2.

This update fixes an issue where some HyperDeck Shuttle 1 customers were unable to access the timecode capture and remote SDI trigger settings from the HyperDeck Utility interface.

We're also made is such that the remote (REM) button on the HyperDeck Studio needs to be enabled before it can be triggered to record via SDI. This is to prevent users from accidentally triggering record when a SDI source with RP188 timecode is routed to the HyperDeck Studio.

Thanks

regards

Kristian Lam
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Tony Partamian
Re: HyperDeck 2.5 Beta 2 software available now.
on Feb 21, 2012 at 11:57:29 am

Thanks Kristian for the on-going updates.
But on the Sony F3 i cannot trigger the Hyperdeck by SDI flag, i will have to use time-code and the recorded clip starts after 5 frames and stops after 20 frames compared to the SxS recorded on-board.
Also there is the gamma shift problem with DNxHD with FCP, hope Pro-res is next on the list.

Return to posts index

Paolo Castellano
on Feb 21, 2012 at 12:07:56 pm

:-) Thank you Kristian!

Paolo.Castellano@ivs.it
http://www.ivsEdits.com
-----------------------
"Post Fata Resurgo"

Return to posts index

Mark Faloon
on Feb 21, 2012 at 5:55:35 pm

I have a Hyperdeck Studio with 2.5 Beta 1 and am really Happy only problem is if you change formats at all like 1080i to 720p you can not scroll through the clips, same formats you can

wish list:
1.Able to format hard drive from unit
2.Delete files from unit
3.Select different data rates in DNxHD
4.Record in H.264 would be sweet for long records.

I am not complaining at all for the money it is great. keep the new firmwares coming Blackmagic!!!!!

Return to posts index

Joshua Helling
on Feb 21, 2012 at 6:56:33 pm

Glad to hear you like it. Yeah, the viewing of clips was by design. You can only scan clips that are at the current playback rate. This can be changed by inputting a different video format. So if you're playing back 1080i then only the 1080i clips will be available to scan through. But if you push 720p into it, it will change the playback rate so you can then move through those clips. We might be able to change this behavior in a software update at a later time.

As for your suggestions:

1.Able to format hard drive from unit

I agree, this would be fantastic. Not sure if this is possible with current hardware, but good suggestion non-the-less.

2.Delete files from unit

Another good suggestion. Again, not sure if it is possible with the hardware or not.

3.Select different data rates in DNxHD

Any particular rates you have in mind?

4.Record in H.264 would be sweet for long records.

This one is definately not possible to do in the current hardware as the encoder is not present.

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index

Mark Faloon
on Feb 21, 2012 at 7:18:15 pm

145 or 36 Mbit/s are also standards for DnxHD 36 would give me the 4 hour record time on a 256Mb SSD to record My confidence return in My satellite truck for ESPN on a football games

Return to posts index

Aleksander Steffensen
on Feb 22, 2012 at 11:07:10 am

Great job with the Beta 2, you're definitely heading somewhere now. I have two HyperDeck Studios that I simply love. Just a few questions...

1. Is implementing ProRes recording and playback something that you are considering? This would be really helpful for all of us who do not use Avid. I love the ability to record uncompressed, however it is not always practical.

2. What is the plan with the ethernet port? Like many others, I think that the ability to control the unit AND transfer files via ethernet would be excellent - don't know if this is possible with the current hardware, though. Would have been really cool to run some kind of playlist application on a PC or Mac, to control the playout from the HDS.

Thank you for the attention, and for a GREAT product! I do look forward to seeing another software update.

Aleksander Steffensen
Steffensen Multimedia

Return to posts index

Joshua Helling
on Feb 24, 2012 at 11:04:18 pm

Hey there,

1. We don't really talk about stuff like that. I can say it is a feature we hear requested often.

2. As you know it currently does nothing. I don't know if it will ever be useable in the future for moving files, (i'm pretty sure it's not possible). But unit control is more likely.

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index

Charles Nolley
on Mar 3, 2012 at 11:21:01 pm

Any chance of getting VDCP support on the RS422 port? It would be great to be able to playback clips from an automation controller.
Thanks,

Charles Nolley
Director, Digital Learning & Media Design
Governors State University

Return to posts index

Anmol Mishra
on Mar 7, 2012 at 1:20:14 am

Hi Joshua. Can you please please confirm if the Hyperdeck clips chroma in 16-240 as the Intensity cards did ?
I have a couple of different camcorders than can output in xvycc expanded colorspace, buts it pointless if the extra data is being clipped during recording.

Return to posts index

Brian Berdan
on May 18, 2012 at 11:34:26 pm

Playback of DNx36 files would be very welcome in my cutting room... great device to take Avid outputs to screening rooms.

Brian Berdan
migrant filmworker

currently on a MacPro, using FCP 7.0.2, ProResLT from eSATA G-Raid (4 TB of incredible footage) and a now a Matrox MX02LE just to make it more complicated... love calibrating my projector though.

Return to posts index

Raj Maturi
on Jun 14, 2012 at 2:55:45 am

any idea if a remote trigger to the hyperdeck shuttle is available? Either produced by Blackmagic or another vendor.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]