FORUMS: list search recent posts

heck BM, you waiting for FCP X to be useable to release the intensity extreme?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bret Williams
heck BM, you waiting for FCP X to be useable to release the intensity extreme?
on Feb 19, 2012 at 11:06:42 pm

C'mon already. Nuff said. REALLY? SERIOUSLY? Loving all the great reviews it got. In September 2011. Here we are with March on it's way.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: heck BM, you waiting for FCP X to be useable to release the intensity extreme?
on Feb 19, 2012 at 11:11:09 pm

wait - I take that back. I think they're waiting for the next XBox or Playstation or something. What's with the marketing?

"Now it’s possible to capture live game play, archive family movies and create amazing videos in full broadcast quality video!"

Family movies and game play? WTH? This is marketing for a professional video card that works with FCP, Premiere and Avid? Yeah, I'm gonna capture my gameplay and edit my home movies on Media Composer 6!

Bizarre company. Just release the thing already. Or tell us it doesn't exist or something.

Return to posts index

Kristian Lam
Re: heck BM, you waiting for FCP X to be useable to release the intensity extreme?
on Feb 20, 2012 at 12:05:44 am

Bret,

Intensity Extreme has been shipping for more than a week from our manufacturing plant.

If you're getting information that this has not been released from your reseller, then I suggest double checking with another. Most resellers will have back orders to fulfil first.

regards

Kristian Lam
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Feb 20, 2012 at 5:13:50 pm

That's good to hear. I saw you changed the status on your website to "find a reseller." I'd love for you to point to a single one that doesn't have it listed as "yet to be released" or "on backorder." Just how many did you make? 30?

Gotta wonder, what was the hold up? Pretty impressed with Blackmagic's purchases, but if it's holding up operations perhaps they're moving too fast.

Return to posts index

Thomas Smet
on Feb 21, 2012 at 3:14:40 am

And this is why some companies don't say anything until a product ships.

We can either have a heads up months ahead of time or stay in the dark. Either way companies end up upsetting somebody.

Honestly I'm glad they are working out the bugs first or again somebody would have complained about releasing beta hardware.

I understand the frustration but it is what it is. Honestly I prefer to wait and dream instead of living in the dark.

Return to posts index

Neil Goodman
on Feb 23, 2012 at 10:21:09 pm

just ordered mine from OWC at noon, and its already confirmed shipped!

Neil Goodman: Editor of New Media Production - NBC/Universal

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]