FORUMS: list search recent posts

Decklink HD Extreme and CS5.5 headache

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ninetto makavejev
Decklink HD Extreme and CS5.5 headache
on Feb 19, 2012 at 11:29:11 am

I am having problems getting my Decklink card to play ball with Premiere CS5.5 using the 9.1 BM drivers.
I am connecting to my Eizo monitor via HDMI.

Editing 1080(50i) material using the BM AVCHD-preset for the project results in:
1)Preview window shows up fine full-screen in the monitor
2)Edited material in the time-line cannot be played!

I have tried checking/changing the playback options in Premiere. Also trying a different BM-project preset (DSLR instead of AVCHD).
Always the same problem: preview works, edited timeline is unplayable with decklink.

I would be very grateful for any suggestions.

Return to posts index

Bo Skelmose
Re: Decklink HD Extreme and CS5.5 headache
on Feb 19, 2012 at 1:44:10 pm

Have you tried a 8 or 10 bit sequence in 1920x1080 50i.
I cannot get it to playback anything but these types - and always interlaced timeline.

Return to posts index

ninetto makavejev
on Feb 19, 2012 at 7:09:40 pm

OK, played around with all combinations of sequence settings/presets, and this is what I have discovered:

For some reason when displaying previews BM Decklink can always interpret the material in the correct way, irregardless whether the material is 25p, 50i, etc. It is almost as if Decklink is just grabbing the stream from the adobe player.

HOWEVER, as soon as you create a sequence, unless the sequence has exactly the same format as the original material you (or at least I) ran into problems. Strange thing is, Premiere was interpreting the footage as 25p and BM Decklink would only play the edited material when I placed the shots in a 50i sequence. Then all was fine.

Yes I know some cameras pack 25p into 50i containers, but why should this conflict between Adobe/BM Decklink interpretation occur?

Anyway I am very happy now that I have solved the problem, it took only 4 hrs!

Return to posts index

Martin Rose
on Feb 19, 2012 at 10:13:41 pm

I always thought it strange that Blackmagic had a 1080 25p sequence you could choose, but that it never worked. 720 25p never worked either untill a recent driver update.(this is with AVCINTRA) Don't forget to put your edited footage back into a progressive timeline before exporting otherwise Adobe Media encoder will automatically De-interlace.

Martin

Return to posts index

Mike Squires
on Feb 20, 2012 at 1:17:15 am

@Martin

If you use the Blu-Ray H.264 output, Adobe Media Encoder will do interlace just fine. Found that out the hard way, after many weeks of messing with it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]