FORUMS: list search recent posts

Hyperdeck studio for archiving, H.264 Recorder for Bluray ready video

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Julio Cruz
Hyperdeck studio for archiving, H.264 Recorder for Bluray ready video
on Feb 18, 2012 at 3:39:08 am

I have a production system, with the ATEM 1 M/E switcher, ATEM Camera converters connected via fiber to the ATEM Studio converter, running at 1080i 59.94.

I have a Hyperdeck Studio, which I was not using too much because of the recording format (was using an Atomos Samurai). Now that the Hyperdeck is supporting the DNxHD MOV wrapping, I have half of my recording setup solved.

What I need is the second half. I want to have bluray ready video right after the live recording. I have the H.264 Recorder, but I currently have to render the H.264 video, since the video that it records does not run smoothly because of the jerky deinterlacing.

The only thing that I need now is interlaced 1080i recording on the H.264 Recorder. That makes the Blackmagic solution a complete one for me IMHO.

Greetings,

Julio.

Return to posts index

Eric Lanouette
Re: Hyperdeck studio for archiving, H.264 Recorder for Bluray ready video
on Feb 18, 2012 at 6:49:20 am

I'm waiting for a way to deactivate the deinterlacer since they release the unit. In my case, I don't even want it to support native interlaced coding (PicAFF, MBAFF), just bypassing the auto deinterlacer feature.

I can't figure it's hard to add an option or simply release an alternate firmware that deactivate the deinterlacer.

For your post-prod workflow, I doubt the Pro Recorder is outputting an H.264 file that is 100% Bluray compliant.

Return to posts index

Julio Cruz
on Feb 18, 2012 at 4:17:34 pm

"For your post-prod workflow, I doubt the Pro Recorder is outputting an H.264 file that is 100% Bluray compliant."

That's why I'm currently rendering (for hours by the way). It would be REALLY nice to be able to have a fully Bluray compliant H.264 file recorded with this unit. With this and the Hyperdeck you can have a complete recording solution.

Return to posts index

Mike Squires
on Feb 21, 2012 at 10:37:13 pm

The new MXLight software allows you to record the interlaced stream from the H.264 Recorder. Works with the ATEM TVS also.

Return to posts index

Julio Cruz
on Feb 22, 2012 at 12:36:23 am

Interesting... And also records up to 30 Mbps. I'll check it out. This is the link:

http://mxlight.co.uk/

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Eric Lanouette
on Feb 23, 2012 at 7:28:14 am

As a mac user, I hope that the BM software dev team that is working hard on the FCPX support will find some time to add an interlaced capture mode to Media Express soon.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]