FORUMS: list search recent posts

ATEM switcher 1 M/E, Hyperdeck shuttel and Hyperdeck Studio questions

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ronn Varnell
ATEM switcher 1 M/E, Hyperdeck shuttel and Hyperdeck Studio questions
on Feb 17, 2012 at 5:20:43 pm

I am using a laptop connected to the ATEM 1 M/E switcher using HDMI. When the HDMI is used on the laptop, the audio doesn’t work. How do I get the audio from the laptop to the audio mixer?

The mixer is putting out an HD signal, however when I record to the Hyperdeck Studio the recorded .mov file comes out in 3x4.

Can I use the Hyperdeck Shuttle as an HDMI source for the switcher…if so, where does the audio come from?

Return to posts index

Richard Crowley
Re: ATEM switcher 1 M/E, Hyperdeck shuttel and Hyperdeck Studio questions
on Feb 17, 2012 at 6:39:25 pm

You seem to have two different (and likely independent) questions here.

Exactly what you you mean by "the audio doesn't work"?
Do you mean that the HDMI connection from the computer to the ATEM does not contain the computer audio?

How do you have the computer connected to the audio mixer?
Do you mean that the computer doesn't output audio when you are using the HDMI output? If so, that is really a computer question, and not a BMD or ATEM question.

How are you connecting your ATEM switcher to the HyperDeck?
Are you feeding the output of your audio mixer into the ATEM switcher?

Not enough information about how you have things interconnected, what computer/OS you are running, etc.

Return to posts index

Ronn Varnell
on Feb 17, 2012 at 6:48:01 pm

It ws my intention to use HDMI to output the computer (HP Laptop) and then use the audio out on the computer to the audio mixer. However, when the HDMI port on the computer is used, it disables the audio output on the computer.

I am connecting the ATEM switcher to the Hyperdeck Studio by taking an SD/HDSDI output on the switcher into the SDI input on the Hyperdeck Studio. The .mov file I get from the Hyperdeck studio is 4X3 while I am outputing an 16X9 signal (via HDMI)to the main monitor, projecter or whatever I am using.

Return to posts index

Andreas Wojtaschek
on Feb 17, 2012 at 9:08:42 pm

I assume that you are running your recording in SD mode?

In this mode a 16:9 signal is indeed a picture 16:9 squeezed into a 4:3 recording. There is no "true and pixel native" 16:9 SD format. All that is changing when you use a 16:9 mode in SD is the pixel aspect ratio. The pixels are squeezed while recordeding and desqueezed when viewing.

Without knowing your exact setup I think the issue could be related to a missing 16:9 bit in the Hyperdeck stream. But that is just a guess.

When you look at the 4:3 picture, is this picture squeezed? If so then you should switch your monitor or beamer manually to 16:9 - that's it.

If you have the 4:3 trouble in your NLE just use a 16:9 project in your prefered NLE and drop the files to the timeline. It should stretch the file to the correct format. Be sure that your NLE sees the file as 16:9 file. Maybe you have to change the clip properties.

Regards

Andreas

--

Entertainment Producer IHK
mindandvision

Return to posts index

Ronn Varnell
on Feb 17, 2012 at 9:17:12 pm

thanks everybody for your help. It was a stupin miatake on my part. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]