FORUMS: list search recent posts

Atem 1 M/E losing Multiview

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mathieu Marano
Atem 1 M/E losing Multiview
on Feb 17, 2012 at 1:32:42 pm

I have an issue with the ATEM 1 M/E switcher. after a couple hours on a gig with it I start to lose the Multiview display. It will flash to black for 5 seconds every 5 minutes. Anybody else has this issue? Could it be heat related?

Mathieu Marano
offline/online editor - motion graphics - Post-prod director - DaVinci Resolve operator
http://www.ilovehue.net

Administrator of the Montreal Final Cut User Group
http://www.finalcutmtl.org

Return to posts index

Jim Brown
Re: Atem 1 M/E losing Multiview
on Feb 17, 2012 at 4:43:59 pm

Are you losing the output atnthe same time. Had a similar problem that wasna gunlock issue. Are you using gunlock, specifically tri-level synch.

We were able to get everything working once we got black burst that generated both bilivel and tri level synch and routed the appropriate synch to each device. We had three cameras that we needed to gunlock thatncausednall of our problems. If you are free running and using the frame synch, there may be an issue with ATEM handling it.

Tell us more about what you have. We pulled our hair out over this issue.

Jim Brown
M&M ProductionsUSA

Return to posts index

Mathieu Marano
on Feb 18, 2012 at 1:58:35 am

We usually have a Gefen DVI to HD-SDI Pro Scaler (2 channels), a Sony EX1 and a Panasonic HMC-150. We output to a KiPro mini which is looped back to the ATEM for monitoring. Lately we stopped looping le KiPro back to the ATEM but we still have the problem.

Out only problem is with the Multiview, the program out works fine.

Mathieu Marano
offline/online editor - motion graphics - Post-prod director - DaVinci Resolve operator

Return to posts index

Jim Brown
on Feb 18, 2012 at 1:59:22 pm

Sounds like you have a totally different issue as mine did affect the program output.

Also, apologies for all the typos on my previous post. I should not respond using my blackberry as I just cannot type on that thing!

Jim Brown
M&M ProductionsUSA

Return to posts index

Benjamin Doyle
on Feb 22, 2012 at 7:12:30 pm

I've also been experiencing this with at least 1 of the 1 M/E switchers we use.

Everything is going along fine then suddenly the multiview just drops (signal cuts out completely, monitor is searching for signal). The signal disappears for 2-5 seconds in most cases and comes back just fine. Sometimes it happens as infrequently as once in 30 minutes, sometimes it happens as frequently as 2 minutes intervals or less. Sometimes it happens right from start-up, sometimes we've been in production for hours before it happens.

All I can say is it's completely random. I've tried everything- rebooting, leaving the switcher off for hours, testing different cables/monitors/configs- nothing seems to cause it and nothing seems to fix it.

We operate 4 of the 1 M/E switchers in constantly changing configurations and I'm still trying to figure out if it's all the hardware seeing this problem or just one unique switcher experiencing the issue.

Fortunately inputs and outputs are not affected when the multiview drops- everything else works fine and my records show no signs of change. It's just a heart-attack for the director/TD and a few seconds of locking to 1 camera (since you can't see your previews)- which is unfortunate in fast paced productions like sports but no big deal in a lot of stuff we do.

Return to posts index

Silvio Dima
on Feb 25, 2012 at 11:51:49 pm

Mine started this night.
I was shooting an event and the Multiview just turned off. Changed the monitor and HDMI cable, no luck. It stayed off until I stopped the KiPro we use. After that (more or less) it came back and started flickering.
In August 2011, Blackmagic changed my 1M/E because of this problem. It was continously flickering, turning on and off. They sent me a new unit and it never turned off again until this night. I mean 5 months it worked ike a charm. I am running 2.8 software version. May it be due to software version? Somebody uses 3.0 beta and experiencing the same problem?

Return to posts index

Per Imsen
on Feb 28, 2012 at 3:32:14 pm

I have the same problem. To me it seems like it started when i upgraded the software and firmware, not shure wich version though.

To me it works with two signals but as soon as I connect a third one the multiview is gone. I use 4 JVC GY HD251 over 720/50p and a macbook pro for graphics.

The program monitor works fine. Ive tried to switch cables between the program monitor and the multiview and the program monitor always shows the picture.

Its really frustrating not having a clue what the reason for this is. Does anyone have any kind of solution? I have emailed BMD but haven't got any answer yet.

Return to posts index

Mathieu Marano
on Feb 28, 2012 at 6:06:18 pm

I called BMD and they offered to replace it. I'll have an advanced replacement so I should get a brand new one with 2 or 3 days. I
Mathieu Marano

Return to posts index

Silvio Dima
on Feb 29, 2012 at 1:02:52 pm

I am happy for you!
Please tell us if it fails again.

Silvio Dima
Videographer @ eframes.es
Production Manager @ alfatelevision.org

Return to posts index

Carlos Rojo Alvarez
on Feb 28, 2012 at 10:19:00 pm

Hello:
First of all sorry for my english, I hope you untherstand me. I have the same problem than you and after I did the same things you did like change cables monitor, upgrede the Atem firmware to the latest one and the control software to 3.0 version I resolved the problem chaging the positiom on the rack of the Atem to the bottom of the rack where an air cooling machine blow directly to the Athem, them it is allways cold and works right, if you turn off the air and Atem turns warmer the problem returns. Seems very clear that the problem is the overheating! the real problem is that Atem have to work in a perfect cool embioramental that is not easy to get every where, I think that is a grave problem!!
I hope I help you.

Return to posts index

Silvio Dima
on Feb 29, 2012 at 12:38:42 pm

Could it be due to overheating?
In this case BM have a serious problem.
Anybody could confirm this?
If it is due to overheating why it didn't fail in the last 6 months I used it. I still think that it has to do with firmware. Now I have 2.8.

Silvio Dima

Return to posts index

Benjamin Doyle
on Feb 29, 2012 at 4:12:49 pm

In my experience heat/temperature does not affect the issue I've described.

I've cooled down the board for hours and restarted with the same problem from start-up before the components even get warm. I've never placed fans or cooling directly on the board to keep it colder than room temperature, but the multiview loss is occurring at room temperature.

Also the multiview loss has happened in every firmware/software version I've used with my 1 M/E. It was dropping multiview prior to and following the latest firmware update.

Return to posts index

Per Imsen
on Feb 29, 2012 at 8:18:33 pm

I also have had it turned of for like 12 hours prior to connecting the stuff and not being able to see the multi view as soon as more than two sources is connected. I should mention that when I had 3.0 beta installed I was unable to use more than one source.

Sigh...

When I first saw the atem product line I thought it was just to good to be true (price/features) , and maybe that's just what it is...

Living and working in Sweden I probably have to wait ages before getting a new one, not even knowing of that unit will be do the trick...

Return to posts index

Mathieu Marano
on Mar 1, 2012 at 3:16:43 pm

You may try to contact BMD through the support line. They will arrange an advance replacement if you have a credit card to secure the transfer.

Mathieu Marano

Return to posts index

Carlos Rojo Alvarez
on Mar 5, 2012 at 11:07:29 am

In my case sure is overheating becouse from the time we put the atem1 directly under the blow of the air-conditioning it doesnt fail, if we forget turn on the air-conditioning the fail appear.
Note that is not only the hdmi multiview output fail, fails too the hdmi pgm output with the same fail, seems like a problem on the hdmi interface.

Return to posts index

Silvio Dima
on Mar 5, 2012 at 10:38:09 pm

Somebody else reports hdmi pgm output failure?
In my case, the hdmi pgm output worked during multi view failure.

Silvio Dima

Return to posts index

Antoine Seydoux
on Mar 15, 2013 at 6:23:47 pm

I had the same issue:

The multi-view does not output, the program view works.

I sent the atem to england (52€), BMD Support tested it with different monitors and told me it was working. Indeed, with another large samsung monitor, it is working.

I ordered an small monitor (XOMAX 15,6") and it is not working.

BMD told me they are going to give me the list of the monitors used succesfully during the test.

Return to posts index

Seppo Sormunen
on Oct 2, 2013 at 10:34:01 am

Can you please share that list that BMD sent you?

We are experiencing same problem with 1M/E..

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]