FORUMS: list search recent posts

BMD Television Studio - Camera + Computer Screen recording

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
roger oliveira
BMD Television Studio - Camera + Computer Screen recording
on Feb 17, 2012 at 7:30:35 am

Hi Guys.

I need to record a software tutorial using the BMD Television Studio switching between Cam 1 and the computer screen.

I'm having a hard time trying to set up a NXR NX5n camera ( output 720p) and a HDMI output from a laptop running the software the instructor is teaching to use.

I think the problem is BMD Atem Television only recognise devices with the same output. So in this case the computer should send a 720p signal. Am I right?

Return to posts index

Mathieu Marano
Re: BMD Television Studio - Camera + Computer Screen recording
on Feb 17, 2012 at 1:26:38 pm

To do this I use a Gefen DVI to HDSDI Pro Scaler and it works fine. You could also try the Matrox MC-100.

Mathieu Marano
offline/online editor - motion graphics - Post-prod director - DaVinci Resolve operator
http://www.ilovehue.net

Administrator of the Montreal Final Cut User Group
http://www.finalcutmtl.org

Return to posts index

roger oliveira
on Feb 17, 2012 at 5:13:44 pm

Hi Mathieu,

Realy appreciate your replying. Thank you.
The devices you recomended might work but I still don't understand whats going on with the set up. Besides, the first one costs more than I've paid for the switcher itself and I cant find none of them in my town to try it out before importing them. So I really want to get it right and understand whats going on.

The NX5 can output max 1080i/480i and 720p/480i
The computer can output max. of 1366 x 768 and min. 1280 x 720 via HDMI.

Why on earth the set up NX5@1080i/480i and Laptop@1366 x 768 records so poor imagens from the computer screen?

Why on earth the last set up - NX5@ 720p/480i and Laptop@ 1280x720 is not displaying the laptop image?

Any help?

Return to posts index

Dirk Pepperd
on Feb 28, 2012 at 4:33:27 am

Roger,

I'm pretty sure your problem has to do with making the inputs match. I am getting the BM TVS and have been doing a bunch of reading. .. I bet if you match the resolution of your graphics to the same as your camera for 720p, that may fix it. Hth

Dirk Pepperd

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]