FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multibridge with Wirecast

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ludovic Chale
Multibridge with Wirecast
on Feb 15, 2012 at 9:55:39 pm

Hi everyone, quick and simple question but I was unable to find the answer anywhere here or on the Internet: is the Blackmagic Multibridge Family or Eclipse working with Wirecast?
And if yes, and sorry for being such a novice, but how can I switch between SDI inputs? Is there a Windows interface?

I am asking that because I will have two different HD SDI inputs in that device with two instances of Wirecast, broadcasting in parallel these two feeds.

Many thanks for your contribution,
ludovic

Return to posts index

Joshua Helling
Re: Multibridge with Wirecast
on Feb 17, 2012 at 6:57:21 pm

Well, Wirecast does the testing on that. And I don't think they've specifically tested the Multibridge family. However, the good news is that all of our capture/playback devices use the same driver/software interface. So it's highly likely that if the device works on a Decklink, it will work with a Multibridge or Intensity as well.

BUT...

That multibridge does not have two discreet SDI inputs. It has 1 SDI input, that can either be Dual Link SDI (meaning it requires channels A and B), or it is a single link SDI input meaning it makes use of only SDI channel A.

In the Blackmagic control panel you would set the input to be Analog/SDI/HDMI there. But there will not be an option to toggle between SDI A and B.

I hope that helps to clarify.

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index

Ludovic Chale
on Feb 20, 2012 at 12:21:15 pm

Hi Joshua and many thanks for your insights.

I didn't know about that specificity and I think now that the Decklink Quad will suit my needs better: I will have 8 video/audio sources (HD SDI) which some of them - maximum 4 - will be used in parallel. In light of that, I need to acquire a capturing device that allows me to have 8 sources dispatched at my will to one or both servers. In an ideal world I'd like a hub with 8 HD SDI inputs that can be dispatched to specific devices of my choice.

But for now I think two Decklink Quad cards in two servers will do the job... I can then switch independently between each SDI input correct?

I am already using Ultrastudio Pro that works with Wirecast except for the XLR audio input that can't reproduce sound.

Cheers
ludovic

Return to posts index

Ludovic Chale
on Feb 20, 2012 at 3:55:53 pm

I am also thinking about getting the ATEM 2 M/E production switcher to capture 8 HD SDI feeds... however I am not sure if I can use it to stream live. Do you know if this is now a possibility? I can use Wirecast to down convert it to H.264 so I don't need the transcoder offered by the Television Studio.

Also: I couldn't find information about SDI audio channels for the 2 M/E...

Thank you

Return to posts index

Ludovic Chale
on Feb 20, 2012 at 2:04:14 pm

Hi Joshua and many thanks for your insights.

I didn't know about that specificity and I think now that the Decklink Quad will suit my needs better: I will have 8 video/audio sources (HD SDI) which some of them - maximum 4 - will be used in parallel. In light of that, I need to acquire a capturing device that allows me to have 8 sources dispatched at my will to one or both servers. I think two Decklink Quad cards in two servers will do the job better... I can then switch independently between each SDI input correct?

I am already using Ultrastudio Pro that works with Wirecast except for the XLR audio input that can't reproduce sound.

Cheers
ludovic

Return to posts index

Joshua Helling
on Feb 21, 2012 at 6:47:12 pm

Okay, so a couple responses.

About using the Decklink Quad. Using Media Express you can choose which of the SDI inputs you are capturing from at any given time. You can also use a software like Softtron which has been tested with Decklink Quad (and several other of our boards). This might be overkill for what you need, as the software does a ton.

As for the Audio on the 2ME, all of the ATEM switchers are currently Video only, the audio is disregarded, unless it is patched in to the audio inputs on the switcher.

As for the Ultrastudio Pro, I'm curious about the audio, it should take audio from the analog inputs. This is just a sanity check, but did you set the Blackmagic Control panel? Make sure that the input is set for SDI video and Analog Audio.

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index

Ludovic Chale
on Feb 22, 2012 at 7:09:21 pm

I will only use the quad or ATEM for live streaming, dispatching the parallel feeds using SDI input cards in the host computers. However I am wondering what are the auxiliary outputs vs program.
My understanding is that through the software, I can choose which outputs are connected to which inputs but I am not sure about that.

With regards to the sound - and sorry if I sound like a noob - I don't understand how I can have the sound of 8 different rooms in with only one XLR analog audio. What would you recommend as another device to input 8 different sources of sound sync with the video? At the moment the fact that sound is not captured through SDI is the only aspect that is putting me off.

I did set up the Ultrastudio pro to Video and Audio HDMI (I was using a Sony camera at the time), but nothing came through except a constant buzzing noise. When I was using FMLE (now Wirecast), I noted a difference in the sample rate that made the device impossible to use for sound.

Thanks Joshua,
l.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]