FORUMS: list search recent posts

Hyperdeck Shuttle Question

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew Henady
Hyperdeck Shuttle Question
on Feb 14, 2012 at 5:22:10 pm

Hello, recently I have purchased a Hyperdeck Shuttle and I have been experiancing a few problems. I haven't found any info on it, but the record light keeps flashing and I think it may have something to do with why it hasn't been working correctly. Could someone tell me what the light means when it flashes?

Return to posts index

Andreas Wojtaschek
Re: Hyperdeck Shuttle Question
on Feb 14, 2012 at 9:11:36 pm

We only have a couple of Hyperdeck Studios. But I think they are similar to the Shuttle. If the record light flashes it indicates that your hard drive is not fast enough to write the data. So maybe you are using an unqualified SSD with it?

If the record light flashes you will get dropped frames and maybe more because your SSD isn't fast enough to handle the data.

Regards

Andreas

--

Entertainment Producer IHK
mindandvision

Return to posts index

Matthew Henady
on Feb 16, 2012 at 1:17:23 pm

We are currently using a crucial m4 256gb, the last 2 days of recording the light has flashed a little bit, but the video seems fine. We are recording into the Avid file type.

Also, just to give a little more info, it normally records fine for an hour or so, then the record light starts blinking.

Thanks for all the help guys, I really appreciate it.

Return to posts index

Daniel Francisco Valdez
on Feb 21, 2012 at 6:00:28 am

Are you running the 0309 firmware? If not, get it from here http://www.crucial.com/support/firmware.aspx and please report your results. I have a couple of these drives and I want to use them with the hyperdeck. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Kristian Lam
on Feb 14, 2012 at 11:00:14 pm

Hi Matthew,

This means you're dropping frames when recording. What SSD are you using? Are they on our list of qualified ones?

regards

Kristian Lam
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Mike Squires
on Feb 15, 2012 at 2:16:25 am

Are you capturing uncompressed or with the new Avid codec? With the Avid codec, even a 7200rpm platter-based hdd can handle 220Mbps. Which, btw, is something BDM should think about adding support for (regular platter-based hdd's).

Return to posts index

Petros Kolyvas
on Apr 5, 2012 at 1:12:00 am

We had an intel 520-series SSD fail this week. It was two weeks old. We also had a shoot which required the Shuttle2... to record some iPads being used in classrooms. The only choice was to stick a 2.5" WD Scorpio Black (7.2k) in it. It worked fine, the recording light flashed, but we were recording DNxHD (I made a request for lower bitrate DNxHD options too) and it all came out fine.

I'm not saying it's supported or recommended, but in a pinch it seems to have worked. We recorded over an hour of material at 720p60.

--
There is no intuitive interface, not even the nipple. It's all learned. - Bruce Ediger

Return to posts index

Jay Bloomfield
on Apr 5, 2012 at 7:07:59 pm

"Comaptibility" is mostly a matter of speed and should only be a consideration with an SSD, when capturing uncompressed.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]