FORUMS: list search recent posts

What is blackmagic decklink

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
vineet das
What is blackmagic decklink
on Feb 14, 2012 at 4:05:37 am

Hi friends i am a new user to tapes & when i try to connect machines like batacam, hdcam,dvcpro etc, what are the settings i have to make in decklink to capture tapes like minidv,hdv,beta etc.

Can you please tell me the settings because i am getting difficulties in capturing tape through machinery.

If anyone have any kind of tutorials which explains the basic of balckmagic decklink please send it to me.

Thanks

Vineet
(Trying to rise)

Vineet
(Trying to Rise)

Return to posts index

Richard Crowley
Re: What is blackmagic decklink
on Feb 14, 2012 at 6:57:19 pm

Please clarify your question. Are you asking about trying to CONTROL the tape decks (using the RS-422 interface)? Or are you asking about simply digitizing the VIDEO signal for input to your computer?

I would start with the video first. Whatever standard your tape deck puts out (NTSC, PAL, etc.) you should set the DeckLink to a compatible video standard. Once that is operating properly, THEN I would tackle the deck control (RS-422).

Return to posts index

vineet das
Re: What is blackmagic decklink
on Feb 15, 2012 at 4:04:28 am

Thanks Richard for responding

I am a new user to black magic decklink, Before that i edit on footages from 5d mark 2 in which i just convert the footage and start my edit but now i have to dump serveral kind of tapes like.

Organization where i am working now they use decklink for capturing the tapes. I want to know that what setting should be made to the decklink while dumping through:- Betacam recorder, Hdcam recorder & others.

Tutorial is requested about the basiscs of how to use a black magic decklink.

Thanks

Vineet
(Trying to Rise)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]