FORUMS: list search recent posts

Intensity Pro

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adrian Fox
Intensity Pro
on Feb 11, 2012 at 1:12:36 am

I'm thinking about getting a Blackmagic Intensity Pro to record my video games, I currently use a Hauppauge HD PVR and have been for around two years or so, but I want to use HDMI for a better playing experience and I'm obsessed with video quality and the Hauppauge doesn't produce the pixel perfect quality I would like to have, I assume due to the low 13.5 Mbps bitrate compression, anyway, I just want to make sure my PC will be able to run it comfortably first and their website is very vague on the requirements now, so here are my specs :

Operating System : Windows 7 64 bit
CPU : AMD Athlon II X4 635 (Quadcore / 2.90GHz)
RAM : 4.00 GB
Graphics card : NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT (1GB / OpenGL 2.1)
Hard disk : 500GB (425GB free, I understand recording uncompressed produces massive file sizes so I may need to purchase an external drive, in the mean time I could record in a compressed format if needed)

I'm fairly sure this system should be able to run it comfortably, but I just want to be sure before I shell out for a capture card I can't use, also if I am going to need to buy an external HDD, can anyone recommend one for me? I don't have a huge budget so preferably something cheap ; )

Thanks for any help.

Return to posts index

Justin Moy
Re: Intensity Pro
on Feb 14, 2012 at 2:05:00 am

I can't see any issues with your system. Should be compatible.

However, you cannot capture uncompressed HD footage to a single, mechanical hard drive.

Instead, you'd probably want to capture in Motion JPEG, which has a variable bit rate of ~70-150 mbits/s (non-selectable). 1 minute will equate to 1 GB on average. This can be selected in the included Media Express applitcation so nothing else is required.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]