FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't get audio in - DeckLink HD Extreme 2

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bryan Fowler
Can't get audio in - DeckLink HD Extreme 2
on Feb 9, 2012 at 11:19:48 pm

Hi folks.

So I have analog audio going into my Decklink card via the XLR. (it's coming from a mixer)

I'm trying to record a voiceover but I can't get any levels in the computer. I've confirmed that I am sending signal to the cables.
I've set the audio input to analog XLR in the Decklink preferences, and also set the input to Decklink from within the sound prefs of the mac.

I'm using the 9.2 beta drivers, on a Mac pro running Lion 10.7.3

any ideas?

Return to posts index

Ray Tragesser
Re: Can't get audio in - DeckLink HD Extreme 2
on Feb 10, 2012 at 12:53:42 am

This can be tricky as the card isnt a traditional audio i/o card as you might expect. The card needs to have a video signal present to "activate" or "lock" the card. Open the BM capture program and also the BM control panel. Pretend you are capturing a tape with audio. Make sure you are seeing the audio meters active in the capture utility once they are active, change the control panel settings to see the mixer input. I am using AES audio from a Yamaha digital mixer via and HD-SDI stream. This can be done and you can make it work. The key is to have that active video input.

In the end I gave up on this and bought a USB audio interface to eliminate all the nonsense and switch flipping. I am much happier.

Ray

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]