FORUMS: list search recent posts

Premiere/Decklink Playback & Audio

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Turner
Premiere/Decklink Playback & Audio
on Feb 9, 2012 at 10:49:19 am

Hi there, wondering if anyone can help me on this.

Have done a load of reading around, and it seems to be global issues, which is a bit worrying.

I recently bought an external video monitor and Decklink HD Extreme 3D for use with Premiere.

Setting up BM sequences I can get video playback, not fluidly, and strangely they don't show orange or red render bars, so cannot render to playback, so stuck with faulty/inconsistent playback.

Also, I cannot find a way to route audio to the system default... I don't use the BM output for sound; mostly headphones, so this doesn't work for me... is there a fix for this?

Starting to tear my hair out; have all this expensive kit, and stuck using the monitor as an extended DVI desktop..

D

Return to posts index

Ray Tragesser
Re: Premiere/Decklink Playback & Audio
on Feb 10, 2012 at 1:01:16 am

If you are using Premiere and the BM card, check your player settings in the preferences. Make sure you are using the BM player. Also you need to use the audio output of the BM card or the audio and video will be out of sync.

From the Decklink Manual

Blackmagic audio hardware is automatically chosen when a new project is created and the capture format
is set to Blackmagic Capture. Go to Preferences > Audio Hardware and verify that the Default Device is set
to Blackmagic Audio.
You may also wish to visit Preferences > Audio Output Mapping to select the mix of the multi-channel audio.
Set Map Output for to Blackmagic Audio

No matter what hardware card you are using (Aja, BM, Matrox) it will not be a perfect marriage with CS-5 or CS-5.5. That's a known fact. Adobe is aware and there have been some comments that suggest that CS-6 will be much better at integrating third party I/O - we'll see.

For now you'll have to bite the bullet.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]