FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blackmagic Desktop 9.2 Beta 2 - not working for me

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Dobson
Blackmagic Desktop 9.2 Beta 2 - not working for me
on Feb 8, 2012 at 10:33:17 am

Blackmagic Desktop 9.2 Beta 2 still not working for me.

I have a 2008 MacPro 2 x 2.8 Quad-Core with 14GB Memory.

Despite completely uninstalling previous software and downloading new beta I've still got no options apart from 720x480 NTSC.

Return to posts index

Fabio Cormack
Re: Blackmagic Desktop 9.2 Beta 2 - not working for me
on Feb 8, 2012 at 12:18:39 pm

Not working for me also.

If I change the resolution on the BMD preferences, the SDI monitor shows and changes the screen for the new resolution adjusted on BMD preferences.

I also can send the audio from FCPX via SDI.

But seems FCPX can not "see" the Decklink board, and on the preferences of FCPX I only have 1 option of HD 1080p 29.97, no matter what resolution is set on the BMD preferences. - This is the same resolution of my project, so there's probably the reason.

I already uninstalled and reinstalled the BDM drivers and even FCPX.

Is there a way I can trash the FCPX preferences for the video output ? Or any other ideas please?

Thank you!

Fabio Cormack
Davinci 8 - Tangent Wave - Decklink HD Extreme 3D+
Final Cut Suite
Adobe CS5.5 Suite
Rio de Janeiro - Brazil

Return to posts index

Kristian Lam
on Feb 8, 2012 at 11:04:49 pm

Hi,

Did you restart FCPX?

FCPX will only pick up the single output option specified in the Blackmagic preferences. For example, if you set 1080p 23.98 in the Blackmagic preferences and start FCPX, the only option you'll see is 1080p 23.98. This is regardless of what your timeline format is as FCPX will convert the output on the fly to match your required output.

Say you want to change the output format to 1080i50, then you'll need to do so in the system preferences and then restart FCPX for it to pick up the new format.

I hope this makes sense.

regards

Kristian Lam
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Fabio Cormack
on Feb 8, 2012 at 11:19:47 pm

Thanks Kristian,

I already tried different resolutions on the BMD driver preferences, restarting FCPX but it seems to be locked on 29.97 and no video output

Any ideas please?

Thank you

Fabio Cormack
Davinci 8 - Tangent Wave - Decklink HD Extreme 3D+
Final Cut Suite
Adobe CS5.5 Suite
Rio de Janeiro - Brazil

Return to posts index

Tomislav Rupic
on Feb 9, 2012 at 10:56:41 am

Hi, yesterday I tried FCPX with new 9.2 beta drivers on my Declink Studio 2 card and while it worked I get weird results with PAL. Looks like image lost sharpness, overall quality and like there is some kind of field or frame drop problem. Is this known issue or?

Other thing, could you add anamorphic flag in your Media Express so that when I capture Anamorphic PAL video I don't get 4:3 in FCPX. That would be huge time saver and just common sense :)

Thanks,
Tomislav

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
on Feb 10, 2012 at 4:44:05 pm

I take it that most here (this post) are not using an Intensity Pro with FCPX.
I could try our DeckLink but we didnt buy that for FCPX.

Return to posts index

Geoff Addis
on Feb 11, 2012 at 3:44:29 pm

Beta 2 working here with Intensity Pro on 1920x1080 50i story line. Source material has been ProRes 422 from a Samurai, this will playback in Best Quality mode without dropped frames plus XDCAM EX and AVCHD (AH101) converted to ProRes by FCP X, but these two need to be played back in Best Performance mode as selected in FCP X Prefs to avoid dropping frames. The activity monitor shows max of 15% user, even when attempting to play the converted XDCAM EX and AVCHD files.

Using mid 2010 3.2GHx Quad MacPro with 16GB RAM and ATI 5780 graphics.

Geoff

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]