FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio clipping

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Julian Roberts
Audio clipping
on Feb 7, 2012 at 8:59:19 pm

Having loaded on the new 9.2 beta drivers I'm now getting massive clipping on all my audio with MC6. I've turned all my audio channels (in the Decklink settings) down to the minimum, but it's still really bad.

I'm using a Mac Pro with Lion.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks

Julian

Return to posts index

Kristian Lam
Re: Audio clipping
on Feb 8, 2012 at 12:11:54 am

Hi Julian,

What product are you using? Is this on capture or playback?

regards

Kristian Lam
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Julian Roberts
on Feb 8, 2012 at 9:14:32 am

Hi

I'm using the Decklink Studio 2 - connected to a Mac Pro 8 core with an Nvidia Quadro 4000 and 10 Gb RAM.

It's certainly clipping badly on playback. Even audio ingested prior to loading on the beta driver (which used to play OK) now clips horribly. That said, with the old driver I still had to reduce to audio levels in the BMD settings to about 30% before to avoid clipping. But at least it used to play back then.

I wasn't monitoring the audio on my last HVD tape capture, so can't confirm whether it came in clipped.

I don't have the old driver DMG file, but will try the non-beta driver (and, as a control, with no driver loaded) this evening and report back.

Any advice gratefully received!

Thanks

Julian

Return to posts index

Julian Roberts
on Feb 8, 2012 at 9:51:28 pm

Kristian

I've just uninstalled the 9.2 beta drivers and all my audio (across several projects) plays back just fine. Haven't had time yet to try the 9.1 drivers.

So this clearly demonstrates that there is an issue with the 9.2 version...

Your thoughts please

Thanks

Julian

Return to posts index

Julian Roberts
on Feb 9, 2012 at 8:26:07 pm

Just loaded the 9.1 drivers and I get just the same issues. All my audio clips - even if I set the sliders in the BMD settings to -12db!

I'm going to have to run MC in software only mode and until I get get this sorted. Any news please Krisitian / BMD?

Any chance someone can point me to a place where I can re-download the 9.0 drivers...?

Thanks

Julian

P.S. Just to check I'm not doing anything stupid - I've using the Chl 1 @ 2 to feed audio from my Studio 2 card to my mixing desk. I take it this is the right thing to do! Any particular settings I should set please? I've only recently moved from a Matrox Mini, so may have it set up incorrectly. But - it did't clip this badly with the 9.0 drivers...

Return to posts index

Kristian Lam
on Feb 9, 2012 at 11:18:56 pm

Hi Julian,

You can find the archived drivers for the Mac at the URL below:

http://www.blackmagic-design.com/support/archive/?sid=3945&os=mac&pid=4012&...

regards

Kristian Lam
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Julian Roberts
on Feb 10, 2012 at 1:25:50 pm

Hi Kristian

Thanks for the link to the old drivers.

Should I be connecting to both the Channel 1 & 2 analogue outputs to monitor my audio? I find that if I only connect Channel 1 I can reduce the clipping if I also reduce the input levels to about the 30% (- 8db) level. I have my video output linked by HDMI to an LCD screen (but not a TV with audio).

Thanks

Julian

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]