FORUMS: list search recent posts

building streaming machine with Intensity Pro

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Drew Holzinger
building streaming machine with Intensity Pro
on Feb 6, 2012 at 7:07:46 pm

I have been using macs for several years now so i wouldn't have to do this but here i am.

I'm purchased intensity pro to retrofit a server machine (windows xp, dual xeon 1.6, 3.5 G of ram, actually 6 gigs of ram but 32 bit won't recognize it, I plan on upgrading to windows 7). Installed the PCIe card and and have been trying to find drivers for it.

I take it this device is not compatible with windows xp. When I upgrade will where will I find windows 7 drivers for this device? do i just install Desktop Video and it works?

my planned signal flow for streaming is this:
panasonic camera -> instensit pro capture card -> Adobe Live media Encoder -> ustream.tv. Do you guys foresee any other problems with this?1

Return to posts index

Alex Maranda
Re: building streaming machine with Intensity Pro
on Feb 6, 2012 at 11:19:16 pm

Yes you install Desktop Video. There should be 32bit XP drivers in there as well, at least there used to be prior to version 8. If not you could try a driver from the archive (7.9.5 is known to be stable).

You will have audio sync issues when streaming from AME (or other streaming software like Wirecast). There is about 1/2sec delay between picture and sound. There is no delay when capturing (no streaming functionality though) with Blackmagic Media Express.

I haven't re-tested this in the last 6 months, but I don't expect they fixed it in newer drivers. I (and others) think their own app works properly because it hooks into a lower lever driver interface.

Return to posts index

Drew Holzinger
Re: building streaming machine with Intensity Pro
on Feb 8, 2012 at 12:10:43 am

Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]