FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio buffer error in Media Composer

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Julian Roberts
Audio buffer error in Media Composer
on Feb 4, 2012 at 8:30:31 pm

I've been trying to capture from HDV tape (in 1394 mode via Firewire 800 ) in MC6, but 30 or so seconds in I get the audio buffer overrun error message. I've searched the Avid forums and the net, but the only threads I can find go back a number of years.

One thread I found suggested increasing the audio buffer setting in the Audio Settings. However, I don't seem to have this option in the Audio Settings dialogue. If I was running Media Composer in software only mode, I should see this setting, but with the Decklink Studio 2 card installed I don't!

Can anyone please suggest how I increase the audio buffer, fine the setting has been blanked out?

Thanks very much

Julian

Return to posts index

Krishna Sadasivan
Re: Audio buffer error in Media Composer
on Feb 6, 2012 at 1:22:45 pm

Dear ,
So this is a known issue .Facing the same problem ditto ,with the BMD Intensity Pro card . I have already reported this to BMD !!!!

Return to posts index

Julian Roberts
on Feb 6, 2012 at 8:00:21 pm

Hi Krishna

Thanks for your response. Are you saying that you can't capture HDV in Media Composer, and get the same error message? And that this is a know issue linked to the BMD drivers?

I would be nice in a way to know I'm not alone...

I wonder if this problem started with Media Composer 6.

What advice did you get from BMD?

Thanks

Julian

Return to posts index

Krishna Sadasivan
on Feb 6, 2012 at 8:19:39 pm

Dear Julian ,

We started to get to use BMD cards only starting with MC 6.
Capture over 1394 (I tried SD ,PAL DV ) has the Audio buffer underrun issue after 10 -15 secs of capture when the BMD Card is installed and MC 6 is kind of automatically locked to it . As soon as the drivers are uninstalled and MC 6 does not see the card anymore ; Firewire capture is absolutley OK !!!
I am waiting for a reply from BMD ,and I have also made them aware of your case (this thread) to prove my point that this is really a known issue . Good to have someone to share the grief ; and hope it gets solved ASAP . Meanwhile also try out the 9.2B Drivers on the site as it say there are some MC 6 improvements . I am downloading it at the moment .

Regards

Krishna S

Return to posts index

Julian Roberts
on Feb 6, 2012 at 9:55:57 pm

Thanks for the update. Well - if it's a BMD issue, that solves the mystery of why I'm not getting any feedback on the Avid forum.

Pls let me know how you get on with the new Decklink drivers.

I hear Avid is due to release a dot update to MC6 later today.

Julian

Return to posts index

Krishna Sadasivan
on Feb 6, 2012 at 10:12:42 pm

Dear Julian ,

Try the 9.2 BETA driver . I think the issue is fixed !!!

Regards

Krishna S
SSD SYS

Return to posts index

Julian Roberts
on Feb 7, 2012 at 8:12:33 pm

Seems to work just fine now - great. I don't get anything through my client monitor when capturing - do you?

Julian

Return to posts index

Krishna Sadasivan
on Feb 8, 2012 at 1:03:35 am

Dear ,

Since we are using the 1394 bus for capture it will not reflect thru the BMD. Only timeline playback will give u client monitor output !!

Happy editing !!

Regards Krishna S SSD SYS India

▶ Show quoted t

Return to posts index

Krishna Sadasivan
on Feb 8, 2012 at 1:04:06 am

Dear ,

Since we are using the 1394 bus for capture it will not reflect thru the BMD. Only timeline playback will give u client monitor output !!

Happy editing !!

Regards Krishna S SSD SYS India

▶ Show quoted t

Return to posts index

Ari Zlatin
on Sep 12, 2012 at 7:42:33 pm

I can not capture the video vis iLink into Avid Media Composer 6.0.3

I get Audio buffer overrun error after 2 minutes of capturing HDV from Sony FX7 cam.

I use Asus Sabertiith Z77 MB on board audio card. Never had a problem with Avid MC 5.5 or 6.01

Help?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]