FORUMS: list search recent posts

Black Magic Intensity Pro Svideo out

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Allan Montgomery
Black Magic Intensity Pro Svideo out
on Feb 2, 2012 at 9:25:31 pm

I recently purchased two BMIP PCI cards and have them installed and they seem to both capture video in and out on component coming from my Sony FX1 camera at 1080i 59.94

What I need to do is send out a signal from one of the cards to a dvr so I can use it to show instant replays on a hockey broadcast. I need it to be either svideo or composite. When using the svideo cable that came with the cards I get a blueish scrambled picture. The cable has a blue connector and a green connector to connect to the two outputs on the breakout cable.

I set the output on the cards to be svideo but I still get this scrambled picture.

Am I missing something along the way on how to get this working. I have the 9.0 driver installed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Return to posts index

Allan Montgomery
Re: Black Magic Intensity Pro Svideo out
on Feb 3, 2012 at 5:59:19 pm

Am I right in thinking that if you have 1080i component signal coming in you can't send an analog signal out.

Return to posts index

Kristian Lam
on Feb 6, 2012 at 3:24:50 am

Hi Allan,

HD can only be transmitted via Component or HDMI. Composite and S-Video connections do not support HD video.

regards

Kristian Lam
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Allan Montgomery
on Feb 6, 2012 at 4:44:40 am

It is understandable that you need component or HDMI to send HD out. I didn't realize it was HD in and HD out. I thought when I saw you could choose svideo out it was possible to capture HD and send SD out.

Return to posts index

Kristian Lam
on Feb 7, 2012 at 8:42:46 pm

Hi Allan,

Unfortunately no. Intensity Pro cannot do simultaneous HD and SD output. If you need an S-Video output, enable the down conversion settings in the preferences and the S-Video output will work. However, this means your HDMI output will also be in SD.

regards

Kristian Lam
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Allan Montgomery
on Feb 8, 2012 at 1:21:09 am

I don't want to send HD out on the HDMI port all I want to do is send a Svideo signal out on the breakout cable. I will check the preferences to see what is going on but I am sure I was selecting the svideo out and all I was getting was a scrambled image. Now that I know it is possible to have HD coming into the card and a svideo signal going out I will investigate a little further.

thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]